Lifetime crowning achievements

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
1. Becoming a mother
2. Graduating college
3. Installing that 30!!

Stove is in. Breaking it in as we speak. Pictures will have to wait until I get the block of plate insulated and sealed. It looks so much better in that space than the 13, though the hearth extender is U-G-L-Y.

Santa's going to have to get me a new drill this year. Hope I've been good enough.

Great news Kat! I am so happy for you. You have so many accomplishments to be proud of, and even more to come.
I think Santa will bring you a new chainsaw this year for Christmas...why the hell not!! Maybe a splitter too! :)

BTW....Who isn't a fan of brunettes? One would have to be crazy not to be! >:-(
Brunette is beautiful!
Get those pics up dammit!!!! :p

Congrats on the switch over there. Enjoy the extra BTU's...

I married a brunette single mother. I know what's good.

Congrats Kathleen! I remember when you were debating about the 13, you upgraded right quick! That no-insulation thing got ya? Well good for you!

Also Wendell: nice saw, not to mention the wood that it cut.

Danno77 said:
I love being a 30 owner, it's like we are all part of this super cool kids club. I really need to get mine into place ASAP. It's gonna be gettin' cold here soon...

Super cool too...... Yep.

Congrats on the install K... Its definitely a heater!

BrotherBart said:
BrowningBAR said:
Wait, if I get a 30 I can blame you for my troubles?! Sweet!

Hell no. If you ain't a brunette single mom you are on your own. My being an old lech has its limits.

Pffffttt !

Nice job Kathleen - enjoy! I'm NOT a fan of writing exams, but better to do it in front of a fire! Cheers!

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
1. Becoming a mother
2. Graduating college
3. Installing that 30!!

Stove is in. Breaking it in as we speak. Pictures will have to wait until I get the block of plate insulated and sealed. It looks so much better in that space than the 13, though the hearth extender is U-G-L-Y.

Santa's going to have to get me a new drill this year. Hope I've been good enough.

Hi kathleen, you running two stoves now? hope all is well with you. HH

Hanko said:
Hi kathleen, you running two stoves now? hope all is well with you. HH

No, swapped out the 13 for the 30.

Thanks y'all. Pics soon. I still have a bunch of work to finish up tonight.. Puny break in fire, but still nice and warm!

Highbeam said:
~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
I'm just glad there's someone left on the planet who is a fan of brunettes.

Uh oh, well, I married one 14 years ago. Much prefer the brunette if all else is equal. That last part is important. The blonde or red is really just a washed out brunette that didn't eat enough meat, ha, LOL. They seem weaker. Have you ever met a blonde that could actually dominate? I keep picturing Hillary Clinton and throwing up a little.

You should meet my wife . . . a blue-eyed, buxom German blond . . . a regular Germanic Shield Maiden . . . pretty easy-going unless you mess with her loved ones or do something that endangers one of her patients or co-workers.

I really haven't accomplished anything else in my life so I guess we'll just have to wait for Kathleen's pictures. :cheese:

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
, though the hearth extender is U-G-L-Y.

Glad to hear you got it installed Kat.
If you don't like the hearth extender, I am sure you could fabricate something for not too much $$$.
When we had our first stove installed at out own home, I picked up some tiles at the local scratch and dent place, and just made my own hearth ust using some 2 X 4's, some cement board, and just laid the tiles on top. Not sure what value your 30 needs, but I think if you have some basic tools you could probably make something pretty nice yourself.
Hope we get to see some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.