1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marster

Marster New Member

Loc:
    S. Central Pa
    Has anyone ever burned Ligentics Hardwood Pellets? Just picked up a half ton. There isnt any BTU rating on the bag.

Thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. CygnusX1

CygnusX1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central MA
    I've burned them before, they're a pretty good pellet. I believe they burn at 8,600-8,700 BTU's. They have a few different styles, I've only burned the ones in the white bag with green and yellow lettering.
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

They are a real good pellet. Don't worry about the BTU rating not being on the bag.... their heat output will be the same as any other premium hardwood pellet. I have 1 ton of hardwood, 1 ton of softwood, and another ton on the way this month.....no worries.
  4. Marster

Marster New Member

Loc:
    S. Central Pa
    Glad to hear they're a good pellet. I got them at an Ace hardware very close to home....which was nice for hauling. They way he talked they're only able to get 2 tons at a time. The guy is trying to get more for the rest of the season but will still only be in 2 tons increments. The way he talked it must be an "Ace" thing.

Thanks again!
  5. orangecrushcj7

orangecrushcj7 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Barre MA
    I have 2 tons of Lignetics. From what I've burned so far - 5 bags - they are super clean, no clinkers so far at all, good thorough burns, and minimal ash.
  6. imacman

imacman Guest

Only 2 tons at a time??? That's weird. Most places get a tractor trailer load (approx 22 tons) at a time. I got my first ton of Lignetics hardwood at a True Value Hardware...they got 22 tons at a time, and the other True Value about 40 min. from that one got the same. The 2nd ton I got were Lignetics softwood at TSC, and again, they got 2 tractor trailer loads...44 tons.
  7. mullet

mullet New Member

Loc:
    VA
    They burn awesome I get them every year. Green Label.
  8. SteveT

SteveT Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West of Boston
  9. Marster

Marster New Member

Loc:
    S. Central Pa

Yea, I hear ya. That's what I thought too. This was a True Value hardware at one time as well.....now their an Ace. That's just what the guy told me. I thought it was strange too.
  10. Marster

Marster New Member

Loc:
    S. Central Pa

Thanks! So far I really like these pellets. I've been burning the stove just in the AM to take the chill off. Very clean burn, lots of heat and no clinkers! These pellets are going to be one of my number 1 choices!!!
  11. tonyd

tonyd Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Hughesville Md
    The lignetics burned the best in my stove.(Quad Castile) Brighter, cleaner, and produced the most consistent flame. Hths
  12. Jester

Jester New Member

Loc:
    Seacoast Massachusetts
    LOL My local ace will only sell them six bags at a time.
  13. imacman

imacman Guest

That's even weirder than a store only ordering 2 tons at a time. :gulp:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.