Ligentics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've burned them before, they're a pretty good pellet. I believe they burn at 8,600-8,700 BTU's. They have a few different styles, I've only burned the ones in the white bag with green and yellow lettering.

Marster said:
Has anyone ever burned Ligentics Hardwood Pellets? Just picked up a half ton. There isnt any BTU rating on the bag.

Thanks!

They are a real good pellet. Don't worry about the BTU rating not being on the bag.... their heat output will be the same as any other premium hardwood pellet. I have 1 ton of hardwood, 1 ton of softwood, and another ton on the way this month.....no worries.

Glad to hear they're a good pellet. I got them at an Ace hardware very close to home....which was nice for hauling. They way he talked they're only able to get 2 tons at a time. The guy is trying to get more for the rest of the season but will still only be in 2 tons increments. The way he talked it must be an "Ace" thing.

Thanks again!

Marster said:
Glad to hear they're a good pellet. I got them at an Ace hardware very close to home....which was nice for hauling. They way he talked they're only able to get 2 tons at a time. The guy is trying to get more for the rest of the season but will still only be in 2 tons increments. The way he talked it must be an "Ace" thing.

Thanks again!

I have 2 tons of Lignetics. From what I've burned so far - 5 bags - they are super clean, no clinkers so far at all, good thorough burns, and minimal ash.

Marster said:
They way he talked they're only able to get 2 tons at a time. The guy is trying to get more for the rest of the season but will still only be in 2 tons increments. The way he talked it must be an "Ace" thing.
Thanks again!

Only 2 tons at a time??? That's weird. Most places get a tractor trailer load (approx 22 tons) at a time. I got my first ton of Lignetics hardwood at a True Value Hardware...they got 22 tons at a time, and the other True Value about 40 min. from that one got the same. The 2nd ton I got were Lignetics softwood at TSC, and again, they got 2 tractor trailer loads...44 tons.

They burn awesome I get them every year. Green Label.

macman said:
Marster said:
They way he talked they're only able to get 2 tons at a time. The guy is trying to get more for the rest of the season but will still only be in 2 tons increments. The way he talked it must be an "Ace" thing.
Thanks again!

Only 2 tons at a time??? That's weird. Most places get a tractor trailer load (approx 22 tons) at a time. I got my first ton of Lignetics hardwood at a True Value Hardware...they got 22 tons at a time, and the other True Value about 40 min. from that one got the same. The 2nd ton I got were Lignetics softwood at TSC, and again, they got 2 tractor trailer loads...44 tons.

Yea, I hear ya. That's what I thought too. This was a True Value hardware at one time as well.....now their an Ace. That's just what the guy told me. I thought it was strange too.

EngineRep said:
Check out this site:

http://www.southshorewoodpellets.com/pellets__pricing

South Shore Wood Pellets sells several premium brands and advertises the BTU ratings.

At least for the advertised rating Lignetics is the highest.

Thanks! So far I really like these pellets. I've been burning the stove just in the AM to take the chill off. Very clean burn, lots of heat and no clinkers! These pellets are going to be one of my number 1 choices!!!

The lignetics burned the best in my stove.(Quad Castile) Brighter, cleaner, and produced the most consistent flame. Hths

LOL My local ace will only sell them six bags at a time.

Jester said:
LOL My local ace will only sell them six bags at a time.

That's even weirder than a store only ordering 2 tons at a time. :gulp:

Status
Not open for further replies.