light a fire and throw open the windows.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidV

Hearth Supporter
Nov 20, 2005
Richmond VA
Came home last night and wife asked me to build a fire. I knew it wasn't supposed to get down out f the 50's but I did it anyway. Slept with the windows open. It's 58 degrees right now and we have a fire going. She had it stoked back up when I came down stairs this morning. I'll let it go out and hopefully she won't want one tonight. It's supposed to be in the 70' tomorrow.

mtarbert said:
It's like buying a snowblower......buy one and it will not snow for two years

True Dat!!! I think this is all either my fathers doing... He bought a snow plow for his Lawn tractor, or Brother Bart.

The Bro has been keeping that new stove of his running and he's heating up the whole east coast.

I'm Guilty..I had a fire last night...it was 48 degrees here in Bristol..Kept it at 400 degrees with the ceiling fan on. Its my stress release man ...I love my stove..

It’s 58 degrees right now and we have a fire going. She had it stoked back up when I came down stairs this morning.

Lucky, man your lucky! Mine, likes it when its 40 inside, big ole 50s frosty air fan cranking, windows open, I keep stove on just to satisfy the thermostat downstairs, while you could hang meat upstairs, one benefit, when I cook her out of the living room , when it hits 80ish from stove, i get the big tv as she retreats upstairs to the meat, i mean bed room. drawback, i'm sleeping on couch or its sleep in parka up there, but to actually have a wife stoke, load, or care for your stove......priceless, man your lucky!

hardwood715 said:
It’s 58 degrees right now and we have a fire going. She had it stoked back up when I came down stairs this morning.

Lucky, man your lucky! Mine, likes it when its 40 inside, big ole 50s frosty air fan cranking, windows open, I keep stove on just to satisfy the thermostat downstairs, while you could hang meat upstairs, one benefit, when I cook her out of the living room , when it hits 80ish from stove, i get the big tv as she retreats upstairs to the meat, i mean bed room. drawback, i'm sleeping on couch or its sleep in parka up there, but to actually have a wife stoke, load, or care for your stove......priceless, man your lucky!

To have a SO that like the colder room...I'd call that priceless!!

To have a SO that like the colder room...I’d call that priceless!!

Hi Warren, Happy New Year! Enjoying this spring weather?? Tomarrow in 60s- Maybe! Yeah she likes it cold, now in the summer and fall,,,, well that central air is cranking and Central Hudson is loving her, sends her XMAS cards! Some like it cold to sleep in but I draw that line when you can see your breath!!!!!!

Our bedroom window are all most all ways open at night. With the wood furnace going it does not get that cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.