Lignetics for $230.00 a Ton or Okanagen for $159.99 a ton?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harman Lover 007 said:
j-takeman said:
Checkthisout said:
Sorry, they aren't Okies but a brand called "Eagle Valley".

I think someone on here told me they are same? I don't know.

Okies and Westwood are the same company. Eagle Valley is a different company AFAIK. Eagle Valley is bagging the Cleanfire Pacific's for wood pellet sales. And I believe they are bagging the Clear Choice softwoods for the stove shops. Still a good pellet for the price they are asking for them. I would at least get some to try out! Are the Lignetics the orange lettering on the bag or the green. Orange is there softwoods and were a heck of a pellet(can't get them here anymore) and the green is a hardwood blend. The hardwood blend has a bit more ash than the softwoods.

Jay,

Not to confuse the issue but I was under the impression from the folks at NEWP that Clear Choice was theirs being bagged under that name and that the CleanFire Pacific was also theirs, the former Pinnacle softwoods, being bagged by them exclusively for woodpellets.com. Is that not the case or is Eagle Valley that whole BioMass group that NEWP is involved in?

The hardwood CleanFires Northern and Clear Choice are supposed to be bagged by NEWP. AFAIK NEWP's has nothing to do with the softwood cleanfires and it is souly on woodpellets.com. parent company. American Biomass Distribution, LLC.

http://www.americanbiomass.com/about/

Here is a list of there fuel manufacturers

•American Wood Fibers
•Bio Bricks
•Coeur d’ALene Fiber Fuels
•Fiber Resources
•Granules LG
•Hassel & Hughes
•Kentucky Kernels
•Marth Wood Products
•Michigan Wood Pellet Fuel
•New England Wood Pellet
•Pennington Pellet
•Princeton Co-Generation
•Somerset Pellet Fuel
•WoodStone USA LLC

Check this page for there specific brands.

http://www.americanbiomass.com/services/products.aspx

I noticed Eagle Valley(parent company is PRINCETON CO-GENERATION CORP.) on there list. But nothing on Pinnicle. So an educated guess on my part. Also notice they don't have NEWP's but they do have them in manufacturer's list. I'd say NEWP is bagging the Cleanfire Northern again an educated guess.

A ton rode home with me in the back of the pick-up.

These pellets are putting out less heat than the Blazers but this is actually desireable due to the warming temperatures. Advisors on this forum pointed out this to me as well. Burn your lower heat pellets at the beginning and end of the season. Good advice for a newbie who didn't know that pellets varied so much.

Hopefully I still have most of this ton left next fall.

j-takeman said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
j-takeman said:
Checkthisout said:

Okies and Westwood are the same company. Eagle Valley is a different company AFAIK. Eagle Valley is bagging the Cleanfire Pacific's for wood pellet sales. And I believe they are bagging the Clear Choice softwoods for the stove shops. Still a good pellet for the price they are asking for them. I would at least get some to try out! Are the Lignetics the orange lettering on the bag or the green. Orange is there softwoods and were a heck of a pellet(can't get them here anymore) and the green is a hardwood blend. The hardwood blend has a bit more ash than the softwoods.

Jay,

Not to confuse the issue but I was under the impression from the folks at NEWP that Clear Choice was theirs being bagged under that name and that the CleanFire Pacific was also theirs, the former Pinnacle softwoods, being bagged by them exclusively for woodpellets.com. Is that not the case or is Eagle Valley that whole BioMass group that NEWP is involved in?

The hardwood CleanFires Northern and Clear Choice are supposed to be bagged by NEWP. AFAIK NEWP's has nothing to do with the softwood cleanfires and it is souly on woodpellets.com. parent company. American Biomass Distribution, LLC.

•American Wood Fibers
•Bio Bricks
•Fiber Resources
•Granules LG
•Hassel & Hughes
•Kentucky Kernels
•Marth Wood Products
•New England Wood Pellet
•Pennington Pellet
•Princeton Co-Generation
•Somerset Pellet Fuel
•WoodStone USA LLC

I noticed Eagle Valley(parent company is PRINCETON CO-GENERATION CORP.) on there list. But nothing on Pinnicle. So an educated guess on my part. Also notice they don't have NEWP's but they do have them in manufacturer's list. I'd say NEWP is bagging the Cleanfire Northern again an educated guess.

As always, Jay, great information from a solid source. I did notice though on the products list that Green Supreme is shipped in bulk to NEWP where they are bagged. They are from British Columbia, which is where the former Pinnacle pellets came from. Which one do you think that is? When I tried the CF pacific 2 years ago, it was exactly the same as the Green Supreme from NEWP that they don't sell anymore.

Harman Lover 007 said:
j-takeman said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
j-takeman said:
Checkthisout said:

Jay,

•American Wood Fibers
•Bio Bricks
•Fiber Resources
•Granules LG
•Hassel & Hughes
•Kentucky Kernels
•Marth Wood Products
•New England Wood Pellet
•Pennington Pellet
•Princeton Co-Generation
•Somerset Pellet Fuel
•WoodStone USA LLC

As always, Jay, great information from a solid source. I did notice though on the products list that Green Supreme is shipped in bulk to NEWP where they are bagged. They are from British Columbia, which is where the former Pinnacle pellets came from. Which one do you think that is? When I tried the CF pacific 2 years ago, it was exactly the same as the Green Supreme from NEWP that they don't sell anymore.

I was told the later batches of Green Supreme were not from Pinnicle. I believe they were Eagle Valley. I burned Dragon mou8ntain last season and They were exactly like the Green Supremes I was burning. AFAIK Dragon Mountains are a Pinnicle rebagged pellet. I have a inside contact that's on the road right now, I see if he can set the story straight for us when he returns.

Now, I thought the Dragon Mountains were Okanagan's. The later batches of Green Supreme were from Houston Pellet (I think), which was a sister company of Green Supreme? The earlier batches of Green Supreme were Pinnacle. Yea, I think he is back next week Jay. He dropped by on Sunday, told me of his plans for world domination...something about putting laser beams on a shark's head or something....way above me.....dropped off a sweatshirt and headed out....

j-takeman said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
j-takeman said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
j-takeman said:
Checkthisout" date="1302513727 said:

Jay,

•American Wood Fibers
•Bio Bricks
•Fiber Resources
•Granules LG
•Hassel & Hughes
•Kentucky Kernels
•Marth Wood Products
•New England Wood Pellet
•Pennington Pellet
•Princeton Co-Generation
•Somerset Pellet Fuel
•WoodStone USA LLC

I was told the later batches of Green Supreme were not from Pinnicle. I believe they were Eagle Valley. I burned Dragon mou8ntain last season and They were exactly like the Green Supremes I was burning. AFAIK Dragon Mountains are a Pinnicle rebagged pellet. I have a inside contact that's on the road right now, I see if he can set the story straight for us when he returns.

Cool, thanks. FWIW, I reached a milestone for this season yesterday...the stove was OFF for 24 hours straight and remains off today. First time since November sometime.....

Lousyweather said:
Now, I thought the Dragon Mountains were Okanagan's. The later batches of Green Supreme were from Houston Pellet (I think), which was a sister company of Green Supreme? The earlier batches of Green Supreme were Pinnacle. Yea, I think he is back next week Jay. He dropped by on Sunday, told me of his plans for world domination...something about putting laser beams on a shark's head or something....way above me.....dropped off a sweatshirt and headed out....

I get confused with all that went under the bridge with the GS's. I do remember 3 different vendors involved. One was Pinnicle(AKA-Dragon Mountain). Got that straight from Mr. Warm. BTU had explained it here but his posts got deleted when he got bounced.

Mr Warm is one "character" for sure! Lasers and shark heads? hehe Must be his way of getting the mind off fuel sales/forcast's?

OK, I just got the scoop from the insider.

07-08 Green Supremes were made by Pinnacle Renewable Energy . Product came from a few of there mills. They also produce what we see here in New England as Dragon Mountains(when available). Pinnacle deals mostly in bulk pellets.

09 they were from Premier Another bulk pellet producer.

While we were chatting(and he really really can chat!) He gave me the scoop on the CleanFire Pacific's.

CleanFire was from the Westwood in Kelowna BC Canada.

They are now from Princeton Co-Generation which ownes Eagle Valley.

I like knowing an insider! :) Except now my ears hurts!

j-takeman said:

07-08 Green Supremes were made by Pinnacle Renewable Energy . Product came from a few of there mills. They also produce what we see here in New England as Dragon Mountains(when available). Pinnacle deals mostly in bulk pellets.

While we were chatting(and he really really can chat!) He gave me the scoop on the CleanFire Pacific's.

Correct. The bag says product of Princeton Co-Generation.

http://www.eaglevalleyfuelpellets.com/index.php

j-takeman said:

Thanks for digging all of that info out Jay, I appreciate it. Hearing all of that just confirms why many, but not all pellets change from year to year frustrating those of us who think we've found the "right" one for our individual situation.

Harman Lover 007 said:
j-takeman said:

Thanks for digging all of that info out Jay, I appreciate it. Hearing all of that just confirms why many, but not all pellets change from year to year frustrating those of us who think we've found the "right" one for our individual situation.

yea, those private label brands can change alot.....very good point tho- what they were last year might not be what they are this year

As an update.

These are the most ashy pellets I have ever seen. 8-10 bags is all it takes to completely fill the ash pan. And I had my first "clinker". Well, I wouldn't really call it a clinker but 1/2 of the burn pot plugged over with about 1/2 inch of mess that I had to break out with a screwdriver.

My solution has been to turn the stove up 1 notch, open the air damper further and then turn the convection blower speed down to keep the stove hotter and to keep the stove from cycling on/off too much.

This has helped some but not much.

The sad part........I would go ahead and buy these pellets again.

Seems to me that if PFI wanted to do something useful they would require the bag of and respective brand to include the "mill of origin" and the "composition species or parts thereof"

THEN you can call it whatever you want to. Why do my fruits, veggies and fish need to say where in the world it came from? Ponder that Jay.

I saw Mr. Warm a coupe weeks ago. He cleans up well. Sharp dresser in that sweater vest and designer glasses.

smwilliamson said:
Seems to me that if PFI wanted to do something useful they would require the bag of and respective brand to include the "mill of origin" and the "composition species or parts thereof"

THEN you can call it whatever you want to. Why do my fruits, veggies and fish need to say where in the world it came from? Ponder that Jay.

I saw Mr. Warm a coupe weeks ago. He cleans up well. Sharp dresser in that sweater vest and designer glasses.

I don't think were done seeing upgrades from PFI. I remember reading they might require listing what "binders" are being used. Knowing the species would also be a plus. We here have done a decent job of figuring out mill of origin, But "proof" ends all controversy and hear say!

PFI has answered my suggestions in the past. Please forward yours(an anyone else's) as they could be helpful to the average pellet burner.

I have yet to meet Mr. Warm! I get some emails here and there, Specially when he reads something on hearth he's interested in. Because I am not in the pellet business in any way, I don't think I was high on his list of must see people!

Checkthisout said:
Home Depot is out of Blazers for the season.....I can't believe I burned 2 tons since December and need a third ton! Anyways, need some new pellets......are the lignetics really that good?

They also have "Cleanburn" for $215.00 a ton. Ugh....too many choices but I am leaning towards the cheap.

Take the OKies unless they were stored underwater!

Status
Not open for further replies.