Lignetics (Green Label)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiana

Feeling the Heat
Dec 5, 2010
Earth
At my local TSC for $235 a ton. Brought home 2 bags to see how they burn.

I just finished burning a ton of the Green Letter 100% hardwood version.......they give lots of heat, but the ash level is a lot higher than I'd like. But it's all about the heat, so based on that alone, they are a good pellet.

I'm just now starting on a ton of the Green letter hardwood/conifer blend.....same good heat, but seems to be the same higher ash level too.

For the right price, I'd buy them again, no problem. $235 is a little high.

They are hardwood only. Im trying them out in case the price drops below @200.

Indy3 said:
They are hardwood only. Im trying them out in case the price drops below @200.
Which TSC.. Vineland? I'd like to get a ton of 'em, burned some last season..My experience was the same as Imacman's...Currently I can't find those ligs for less than 300 a ton. Hence my interest.. We get poked here on prices...Trucker friend says it's cause of the tolls(AC expressway,GSP, and bridges)..Pellet seller says it the high cost of storage and real estate. The other problem here is not much competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.