Lignetics pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rayboggsjr

Hearth Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
west central ohio
Has anyone had problems with the Lignetics pellets not burning all the way up and plugging up the burn pot. I thought this was a one time thing but it has happened with the last 4 bags we have burned. Checked out the stove and it was fine so I went and bought 2 bags of Big Heat pellets that our local feed store is selling and they burn fine but make alot of ash. This really surprised me, all the reviews I have read say Lignetics are good pellets. We are burning them in a King 5510.

I'd suggest really cleaning the stove and the burn pot. One bad pellet reaction is one issue, but two brands going wrong may not be the pellets. Crank your combustion air up until the pellets start dancing and see. You are describing two different issues, but the solution may be the same. Give her a really good cleaning, behind the baffles and in the secret pockets, scrub the burn pot and make sure the air holes are clean, check that you don't have a build up of fines in the hopper and fiddle with the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.