Liner help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie

Dec 22, 2012
Hi,
I'm going to be installing a liner up my chimney the current tiles measure 6.25"x6.25" inside diameter I'm wondering if you guys think a 5.5" flex king pro will be ok?
thanks for the help!

How tall is your chimney? Where are you located? You will have more draft in Maine than in Florida so it will make a difference. What size pipe does your stove call for?

I have a 5.5" insulated liner and it handles the needs of my NC-30, so in the right situation it will work.

Matt

Nope. The liner is a quarter inch or more larger than the inside dimension. Ask the liner dealer how much it is for double wall. You could probably get a 5.5" single wall liner in there OK if there isn't any mortar slag or offsets in the chimney.

If the chimney is in good shape, no missing mortar in the joints or cracked tiles, it should work fine as is.

chimney is approx 21' I'm in Easter Ontario. Every quote I have got from someone to install a liner has said insulated is not needed? Stove is 6"
So maybe I'm better off getting the regular flex king liner as it is just single wall?
I just pulled a four inch liner for a pellet stove (also uninsulated) out of the chimney and I think I should be ok as far as mortar joints/offset tiles go. I do however fear that there are some cracked tiles so running as is probably isn't a good idea.
Thanks for the help guys, keep the ideas coming!
Also what do I use to go from the supplied 6" tee connection to a double wall 6" stove pipe? Is there a coupler needed for that?

You put a wall thimble on the wall that connects to the tee "snout" and then connect the stove connector pipe to the thimble. Flex King tells me Chimney Liner Depot. They can tell you the pieces you need. Good folks.

One of them is a member here.

Yeah I was going to order everything from them but not sure if they ship up here...at least it gives me an idea of the required components. I should also add this will be for a Pacific Energy Summit stove.

+ 1 for Chimney liner Depot, Customer service second to none with my dealing with them, if they ship to you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.