Liner is down!(with pictures)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
Finally have the liner down, it took a little bit to man up due to the height of the chimney but my dad came over and helped me out. I wasn't able to finish it due to needing a longer snout for the bottom termination since the wall is a masonry wall that is thick. I'll get a longer snout ordered tomorrow, after that I just need to mortar the inside, pour the insulation and seal the cap up.(yep that's it) Hopefully I'll have it done next weekend. I hope the hard part is done.

The liner arrived with a kink in it but my dad thinks it'll be ok, he used to design exhaust systems so I'll take his word for it. It's also 27' of liner so I hope that makes up for it.

PA110013.jpg

PA110010Large.jpg

Pagey said:
Epic! That's a helluva install there!

I'll post more pictures once I get it finished. It's been pretty cold here the last couple nights so I really want to get this done.

I have a nice view from up there that's for sure!

I think I see the kink about even with your feet?
ne way it is in the chimney so it will have to be fine now right ;-) ?

crazy_dan said:
I think I see the kink about even with your feet?
ne way it is in the chimney so it will have to be fine now right ;-) ?

Yep, that's it at my feet. I can still pull it back out if anyone thinks it'll be a problem. I could cut out the bad section and buy a union to put it back together.

rdust said:
Pagey said:
Epic! That's a helluva install there!

I'll post more pictures once I get it finished. It's been pretty cold here the last couple nights so I really want to get this done.

I have a nice view from up there that's for sure!

It sure the hell isn't getting any warmer around here is it? :p

Nice job....that's a steep roof you've got there!

Hiram Maxim said:
It sure the hell isn't getting any warmer around here is it? :p

Nice job....that's a steep roof you've got there!

I had frost on the cars/grass this morning and ice in a bucket of water!

The roof will need to be replaced in the next could years and I won't be the one doing the replacement! Of course I'm cheap so I'll probably end up doing it. :lol: My dad said not to pick up the phone for that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.