links 2 chainsaw forums and info sites

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hotsaws

Aug 24, 2008
va
links 2 chainsaw forums and info sites here a info site this site this all most every saw made ever and this info on most http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...d8d083a8d741e3db88256c9b00780d89?OpenDocument

now for chainsaw forums

if your in 2 chainsaw racing and mods this is the forum for you http://www.chainsawperformance.com/index.php

now if you are in 2 collecting chainsaw or want 2 learn all their is 2 know about old chainsaw or who 2 fix old or new ones http://www.chainsawcollectors.se/phpbb3/index.php that the place for you

and if anyone needs help with old or new saws i wall be glade 2 help you here or this question just send me a pm here and i wall answer

and buy they why all the forums links that are in this post are the best chainsaw forums out their their are others but not as good

timber said:
links 2 chainsaw forums and info sites

all the forums links that are in this post are the best chainsaw forums out their their are others but not as good

I agree performance is a good site & I enjoy reading there, though I don't post a lot. Another quality site for those interested in race, or woods porting:

www.racesaws.com They have build offs sometimes, different members do a woods porting of a agreed on saw model and post numerous pics & offer explanations for what they are doing. EHP is a great builder & will also offer help to those interested in basic woods porting of saws, but I find the numerous pics posted at race saws quite helpful to me for understanding what the different builders are doing and why. And I admit I also enjoy watching the videos of timed runs of the saws at the end of each such build off.

That collectors site is cool!

I found the specs and a picture of my Dad's old saw the McCulloch 250 and the specs on my first saw the McCulloch 10-10. I am glad we don't have to use those old saws anymore!

The saw pic on the left is the old 250. There are two thumb buttons on it. On thumb button to the left was for the chain oil and the other was the choke. You had to oil the chain your self with that button. When it was cold that bar oil was stiff and if lugging the 21 pound block was not enough then mashing on that oil button was enough to wear your hand out. Oh and not to mention; it took forever to make a cut. They was always hard to start and even worse if it was cold. Heck even the chain seemed always dull. How did we ever make it?

Attachments

• 0.84.gif
    0.84.gif
    136.5 KB · Views: 308
  • 0.86.gif
    0.86.gif
    30 KB · Views: 320
Status
Not open for further replies.