Little adventure up in 'Larch' land.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And my shed is progressing well.

Ignore the tarp, just test fitting. The thing blew off three times ha ha ha

Got the tarp fixed, started to transfer and cut wood for next season.

Got a load of Western Red Larch rounds, I couldn't be bothered to split it all, Good thing is the bark has separated and falling off (Sweet)

Last edited:
Reactions: Snigg
Another big Larch snag. The biggest tree I've ever cut down. Used the 555 20" bar to fell the thing. The 20" only just overlapped.

Bucked with a 575XP 24" bar. Forget what you think you know about wood. These dry snags are real hard on the saws. To the point, I set fire to the wood during my back cut. Blued the chain. No chipping's, only fine dust.

Nice! Did it all make it into the wood hauler?

Longstreet: your welcome thanks.

Nice! Did it all make it into the wood hauler?

Oh yeah. That pic is a few days old. Have 24 rounds from that tree. Butt end was shot and up high was punky.

I even got the point for decorative purposes.

Looks kind of hot in the picture, whats your weather there?
Pretty place to be working.

Yeah you can find some pretty isolated places.

Not sure about temps. 28-30C maybe.

Hot enough to boil the bar oil & fuel in the saw

Status
Not open for further replies.