Little help... New gas fireplace facing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetguy

Hearth Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
Hey guys,

I wish I could have found my answer by searching, but I couldn't find a solution.

I have a new gas fireplace I have installed. I need to install the facing to the framing and the fireplace front. It requires non-combustable material around the fireplace. I purchased some cement board to install, but I'm not sure how to do it. The fireplace manufacturer says that I can screw into the fireplace, but I'm concerned about opening into the heating chamber. I thought mastic / adhesive would be a better solution. Does anyone have advice for this? How about a product name?

Any help appreciated....

Attachments

• IMG_2372 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2372 (Medium).JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 234
just screw it to the galvi face. that has nothing to do with the firepace it self. its complety self contained from the place your going to screw into.

Thanks...

Would you use some adhesive also? Type?

How about screws, do you know what to use to go through cement board and the sheet metal?

Thanks for the help guys.........

Any recommendation on the type of screws?

Status
Not open for further replies.