loaded

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregbesia

Feeling the Heat
Jan 26, 2009
central CT
I just dont like the empty look of a stove in the summer.

Attachments

• IMG_0538_1.jpg
    IMG_0538_1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 350
Hehheh . . . going with the LL Bean/Yuppie look I see with a load of white birch in the stove . . . don't forget to complete the picture with a bunch of pristine looking white birch in a nearby wood holder. ;) :)

Just poking a bit of fun at you . . . seems like every magazine shot or catalog that shows a woodstove always has a stash of white birch next to the stove.

And now I must confess . . . the other day while cleaning out my stove I was thinking the same thing as you . . . I thought I should put a load in the stove rather than let it sit empty . . . in the end though I put a candle inside and lit it . . . for some reason I didn't achieve secondary combustion though. ;)

I burn a candle in mine every night. The draft it induces creates a nice flicker effect.

Nice pic!

FFJake - your comment is hilarious (no offense to you greg - I've put decorative wood in the little storage area underneath my stove before) - I've noticed the same thing - many of the magazines my wife thumbs through have pics of yuppie vacation homes. The hearth, regardless of variety (stove, fireplace, etc.) and regardless of time of year always has a fire burning with a neat little stack of wood next to it. I always comment to her that that load of wood wouldn't last long b/c the splits were too small, etc. Just funny that somebody else has noticed the same phenomenon.

Status
Not open for further replies.