Loading my King

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
A few pics this last week of the King being loaded,both north and south ,and east west configurations. The north,south was a monstrous load of 1,cherry,one white oak,one hickory side by side,and then top dressed with osage orange.Next to the stove is my stash that we keep next to the hearth.That load burnt 16 hours and produced excellent useful heat.

Attachments

• wood stove pics 001-1.jpg
    wood stove pics 001-1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 443
  • wood stove pics 006-1.jpg
    wood stove pics 006-1.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 436
  • wood stove pics 005-1.jpg
    wood stove pics 005-1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 426
  • wood stove pics 006-1.jpg
    wood stove pics 006-1.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 447
  • wood stove pics 004-1.jpg
    wood stove pics 004-1.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 452
  • wood stove pics 004-1.jpg
    wood stove pics 004-1.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 404
Looks like a Solar load! :lol: Those be some big splits!

wouldn't happen to know the height and width of that door opening right off would ya?

pen

I'm guessing the E/W load is the stuff that's to long to fit N/S.
I know for me, when I have some long splits, I just load them E/W (up to 24" I think)
Great pictures. NIce looking dry firewood too.
I think I could get more in there on your N/S load, :) LOL

Wow :lol:

pen said:
wouldn't happen to know the height and width of that door opening right off would ya?

pen

9.77" X 17.69"

Attachments

• 100_7143.jpg
    100_7143.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 375
bogydave said:
pen said:

pen

9.77" X 17.69"

You got a dial indicator that big??

On a reload I usually "top dress" the load with Black Locust too. Gives the secondaries a nice challenge as they attempt to incinerate the wood on top when the stove really gets going. The "BL Top Dress" will now be the latest loading technique/trend at Hearth.com!

Attachments

• 100_7143.jpg
    100_7143.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 382
albertj03 said:
On a reload I usually "top dress" the load with Black Locust too. Gives the secondaries a nice challenge as they attempt to incinerate the wood on top when the stove really gets going. The "BL Top Dress" will now be the latest loading technique/trend at Hearth.com!

been doing it in my 30 ever since I got my 1st load of bone dry BL.

"Secondaries Gone Wild"

now the king is worthy of the blaze king name, not sure about these princess s tho.

ohlongarm said:
That load burnt 16 hours and produced excellent useful heat.

That's what I'm talking about. I like how 3 wide burns in the stove. Not sure about this top dressing nonsense though.

ohlongarm said:
That load burnt 16 hours and produced excellent useful heat.

At what output level do you run the stove to get the 16 hours? Half way of 2/3 setting?

On my stove it would be setting the dial to #2 or in the middle of normal as it's marked,my stove goes from 1 to 3.5 in half increment graduations.

ohlongarm said:
On my stove it would be setting the dial to #2 or in the middle of normal as it's marked,my stove goes from 1 to 3.5 in half increment graduations.

Thanks, that is running it at high output, that is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.