Loading the old truck in the woods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
CatherineSt4-30.jpg

It has enough room for about 1 1/2 cords (7x9x3=189 cubic ft.). It is usually over weight before it is full of wood. I have to get the rear springs re-arched. It's in pretty good shape. It was garaged by the first owner until 2003, so its not that rusted. I've had it just over three years now. It is a work in progress. Right now I've got everything mechanical working right. I hope to get some body work done this summer.

Handsome looking stake rack.

I have a 76 F-100 that is in great shape, but the springs are 2 soft to haul much weight. I almost traded it for a flatbed like yours. It is would be nice to not have to haul the trailer. Those old trucks are easy to work oin compared to the new stuff

pinewoodburner said:
... Those old trucks are easy to work on compared to the new stuff

For sure! I have done all the work myself except some driveshaft work that required a machinist.

mn_jon said:
what do you pull that Ford with ?

I've only had to pull it once. It was when I got my first load out of this same place. The ground was a little too soft for the 2 wheel drive and highway tread tires. Naturally, I called my wife and had her bring over her Ford to pull it out.

Attachments

• DSC04773.jpg
    DSC04773.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 956
The rust has had its way with this one too. But, there is still enough left to save.

HI all im new on here . that old ford is a sweet heart. But then theres a reason i feel that way, lol i have a 68 ford 350. I have picked up alot of great info on this forum. i started burning last fall and dont think ill ever stop. All the info i gatherd reading the threads was very helpfull. so thanks to all you wood burners for a great forum Jotul Oslo Husky 359 68 ford 350 11 ft flatbed

Firestarter,
You should post a picture of that '68. You should also check out the forums at http://www.fordification.com . Tell them Flatbedford sent you.

Ill try and get a pic of her . I just found that forum saturday and thought that 70 ford rang a bell. My 68 has a 360 4 speed , 63 thousand . I intend to have her soda blasted and gone over . there great old trucks . I will be joining in on that forum to

Mine has the 360, T18 4spd and a 4.10 Dana 70 rear. Power drums all around and armstrong steering. I have the parts for front discs and power steering, but I don't have the time and money for the conversions. The drums will stop it OK and as long as it its rolling and the tires are properly inflated, I can do without the power steering. It has around 78,000 miles on it.

I'll keep an eye out for you at the "Welcome Mat" over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.