Local Walmart MWP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slls

Minister of Fire
Jun 9, 2008
central maine Lat 45
Bangor WM selling MWP for $3.96 a bag, if anyone is interested.

I wonder if any down here in nh have them?
Last I checked it was just pennington natures heat for 5 something a bag.
But that was 2 months ago.
Thanks for the tip.

slls said:
Bangor WM selling MWP for $3.96 a bag, if anyone is interested.

Hi, is it the bag with the house/cottage on it or another style?

Sorry late reply, white with stove.

The local Walmart sells Pennington Nature's Heat for $5.00/bag. But, they store the pellets outside, in the open. I bought one bag to try them out, off the shelf, in the store. About 1/4 of them were moisture damaged and crumbled into fines. This was in December.

Next time I was in the store, I told the guy in charge of the Lawn & Garden part of the store that he should bring the pellets inside, at least get them out of the weather. He said they kept them covered with a tarp at night. I tried to explain to him that even with a tarp, which often gets pulled or blown off, the pellets can get moisture damaged. He said nothing and wondered off. The pellets are still stored outside in the rain and snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.