Log Set for Napoleon NPI40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roushpwrd

Jan 20, 2009
Central MA
I have a log set in my Napoleon NPI40 and was wondering if anyone knows the proper placement of the logs. I kept them far to the side away from the burn pot however I noticed they are curved to match the burn pot. Should they be placed close to the pot so that the pot matches up to the curves or is far away the proper placement? This was something I failed to ask when I purchased my stove. Thank you....

i would place it where you think it goes as you said, keep an eye on the burn pot for performance issues

No matter how I placed mine, they were quickly covered with ash. The window got black quicker. Now I have them place behind the stove where they get covered with dust. I also bought the shinny black surround for the inside of the stove. Before they arrived I saw them installed in another stove. They were covered with soot, no improvement to the looks of the stove at all. Mine sit beside the stove still in their wrapper. I think the best good look to add to the stove is the Nickel finish door. The most practical addition to the stove was the extension to the hopper. That was worth every cent. I think I'll put the log set back in when the heating season is over.

The brick set for the inside walls is a nice look. You can see them pretty well on j00fek's avatar.

I had the porcelain backing and it was no good....pitted after a few months use. I posted a pic on the Napoleon loud fan topic earlier....the bricks are great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.