Log Splitter Stroke Adjustment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all splitters have ejector arms...
Understood. I was speaking in general terms. The OP I think has MTD but some with other brands have joined in.

Another thought I had was to split a heavywall pipe in two lengthwise, line it with rubber to be kind to the ram, piano hinge one side and pin the other. It doesn't have to be pipe... could be two sections of angle iron. Just need to be sure the face of the cylinder that holds the seal can take the abuse.

Just need to be sure the face of the cylinder that holds the seal can take the abuse.
That right there is the important part when using sleeve type limiters. Some rams have a more protruded seal that can be damaged. Another reason I like the bolt in the beam.

That right there is the important part when using sleeve type limiters. Some rams have a more protruded seal that can be damaged. Another reason I like the bolt in the beam.

May try the bolt in the beam trick. (17" splits on a 24" splitter)
Was gonna make a PVC pipe sleeve, but the bolt idea seems easier ;)
Every now & then a split gets wedged on the wedge & I have to retract it all the way to get it off.
The bolt idea would be easy to remove when that happens.
100_6055.JPG

On the other hand, Dave...you DO have the log ejector, and the mod done by LL would probably work well (also).

Went back & looked harder at LL's modification.
Might be the way to go. I'll see if I get enough travel reduction .
(22 ton Speeco)

(22 ton Speeco)

If not - the bolt on beam should work for ya.;)

(22 ton Speeco)
I have the same splitter and don't think it would give enough travel reduction. I was thinking that a piece of angle iron on the back of the wedge to hit the ejector or vice versa. Something that would be easily removable so I can retract the ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.