Long Burn Times = Good Fuel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wkpoor

Minister of Fire
Oct 30, 2008
Amanda, OH
I got my all time best and longest burn last night. 16hrs to stove top 200 degrees. End of season and I'm down to my oldest and driest Osage Orange. By itself I don't like it so well because it charcoals real easy. But add in a few Ecobricks and mix comes alive. Those bricks keep a flame going and must help keep the OO burning. That was on 5 splits and 2 bricks. Not even close to a full stove. So basically no matter what stove you have as we all know, fuel is everything. Good fuel gives great results and nice long burns. It is now 24hrs from last load and there is still enough coals to relight if I so wished but temps tonight are warm enough I'm letting it go.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I may have to try that if I wind up with some wood that is on its way to leaving leftover coals. I use Lignetics fire starter disks - maybe half a disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.