Longest continuously owned and operated wood stoves!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rwh63

Feeling the Heat
Nov 12, 2019
MA
i bought my CDW Seneca model 2170 in the fall of 1995. It has been in operation every year since that first winter. I'm wondering who else is an original owner/operator of a wood stove in regular use.

Pic from yesterday:

Longest continuously owned and operated wood stoves!

My grandpa has a Fisher mama bear in his study/office that he's been using since before my time, I'm guessing about 40 years. It's one of the stoves I "learned" on as a kid

Reactions: JimBear
Not as old as some, but my dad has been heating the house I grew up in almost exclusively with an Alaska Kodiak since the winter of '87-'88.

By almost exclusively, I mean that there is a 24 inch baseboard in the bathroom that, very occasionally, gets turned on. Growing up, I was taught that turning on the thermostats on the wall would lead to certain financial ruin for the family.