Looking for a fan/blower for my Hearthstone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gezellig

Hearth Supporter
Jan 17, 2007
I recently bought a Hearthstone Heritage stove, and am thinking of putting a fan/blower on it. Am I limited to what Hearthstone offers? Or are there other options?

Does it have a heat shield on the back ? is it open at the bottom ?

I didnt notice ,

WELCOME TO HEARTH.COM gezellig!
Glad you could join us , pull up a log at the fire ring , post a bit about you and the forum LOVES stove pictures.

I have the Heritage with the heat shield and blower, and looking at it, once you have the rear heat shield I think you can prefab a blower to it. As said above, the heat shield just mounts on the back and the hot air that is trapped there is vented out over the top of the stove. It does keep the heat off anything that is behind the stove, and works very well.

Bondo©

Attachments

• 2b.JPG
    2b.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 232
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 246
Status
Not open for further replies.