Looking for a little stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Yep, the reviewer sounds like he came from a pre-EPA stove and expected to burn just like the old one. It's a decent deal for a small stove. Seems similar to their Magnolia stove. Small firebox and a bit lightweight. Maybe a good shop heater? Is this made in China like the Magnolia?

It would be a shame if something made by United States Stove was made in China, but who knows. It probably is.

November, when he made that review, was a warm month. If he tried too choke it down for a smoldering burn it probably would leave a ton of coals. I kind of hope he figured it out. We've had some cold weather now.

Matt

You really think that's an EPA stove? And if it is that would make it $238!

If it's like their Magnolia stove it will be firebrick lined and will have a full secondary manifold. For an inexpensive heater it's quite a bit better than a cheap cast box stove. There are shortcuts taken for sure. The metal may be of a lighter gauge and the handle is likely to be very basic. But it does seem like a good starter value.

http://www.usstove.com/proddetail.php?prod=APS1100

Qualifies for tax credit and is listed as for $850 on their site without a blower. TSC offers the blower with the stove. Weird on the price. That's quite the discount. Maybe TSC bought a few truckloads and they did not sell due to low oil prices and a warm November? I guess they really want to get rid of some.

I'n not sure if they cheapened it more than another small, entry level stove. My Century came from Lowes on their famous 50% discount. I remember paying $242 out the door.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.