Looking for creative wood covers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rygar

Burning Hunk
Sep 23, 2013
So here is what i am doing this week to make my life easier. i just bought one of those 8' steel wood racks and will be setting it up on my back deck. there is about a 3' over hang so the top will be clear of any rain. the issue will be the bottom especially with wind/rain and soon wind/snow.

any ideas on wood covers that focus on the bottom of the wood rack?

i wouldn't worry to much about the bottom part. if it is packed pretty tightly, you might get a little surface moisture. Most of the issues I have are when the top of the pile gets soaked, and then it goes all the way through the pile.

i wouldn't worry to much about the bottom part. if it is packed pretty tightly, you might get a little surface moisture. Most of the issues I have are when the top of the pile gets soaked, and then it goes all the way through the pile.
good to know. i plan on assembling today, cutting grass tomorrow nice and short and then start moving wood wednesday or thursday and then wait for a few shots of weather to come through and see what happens.