Looking for Hammer Hot's in the Mass/CT area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Major91

Sep 16, 2008
Dudley, Mass.
Anyone that has seen Hammer Hots within reasonable distance in my area please list where you have seen them. I usually get them at Robbins Garden Center in Oxford Mass but this year for some odd reason they are not (or as i was told) selling them there this year. I have a few tons on there way next week to me with a few ton of Oakies but i'm always keeping an eye out for Hammers to pig out on.......

Thank You!

I got my Oakies for $219 earlier this year, but they're still selling for $239 at http://www.squierlumber.com/pages/stock_status.cfm over in Monson.
I'm planning on going next week to pick up some more, just in case the prices go up after labor day. I don't need the whole 65 bags (they sell them in wrapped 65 bag lots) , so if you want to buy 25 bags of Okies for $120 , PM me. I'll dump them at your place on my way home to Dudley.
"GO PATS"

Major91 said:
Anyone that has seen Hammer Hots within reasonable distance in my area please list where you have seen them. I usually get them at Robbins Garden Center in Oxford Mass but this year for some odd reason they are not (or as i was told) selling them there this year. I have a few tons on there way next week to me with a few ton of Oakies but i'm always keeping an eye out for Hammers to pig out on.......

Thank You!

"Hamer's" Hot Ones here but a distance from you:

http://pelletsdelivered.com/

relxn88 said:
I got my Oakies for $219 earlier this year, but they're still selling for $239 at http://www.squierlumber.com/pages/stock_status.cfm over in Monson.
I'm planning on going next week to pick up some more, just in case the prices go up after labor day. I don't need the whole 65 bags (they sell them in wrapped 65 bag lots) , so if you want to buy 25 bags of Okies for $120 , PM me. I'll dump them at your place on my way home to Dudley.
"GO PATS"

You got 1.3 tons (65 bags) of Okanagan's for $219 (and now still $239)? - that's crazy.

Around here (just south of you) Okanagan's are 'about' $270/TON (1.3 ton pallet price $350.00) as seen here:
http://www.pelletsdelivered.com

and here:
http://www.lppellets.com/Wood_Pellets.html

I'd be willing to bet the Okie's aren't $239 for the 1.3 ton pallet. Last year they were priced like that, by the ton, but sold by the 1.3 ton pallet bringing the price up a bit higher. Kind of confusing...

Ladderlieu said:
I'd be willing to bet the Okie's aren't $239 for the 1.3 ton pallet. Last year they were priced like that, by the ton, but sold by the 1.3 ton pallet bringing the price up a bit higher. Kind of confusing...

Not confusing. I put their "todays date" pricing page on my previous message.
Go to it @ http://www.squierlumber.com/pages/stock_status.cfm
They have been at $239 a TON for Okies for the past couple of months. They went up to $259 for a while after the $219 and now they are back to $239 a TON. They sell in 65 bag lots ($310+-). Very nice people.

Btu I bought 3ton of dragon mtn at spurias in ashburnham ma as they had sold out of the okies I did try both the dragons and okies and loved them both.My question is are the dragons shipped on 65 bag skids or50 which is how I got them and back in April when I bought them for 239 per ton were they fresh stock or old either way they are great pellets.

relxn88 said:
Ladderlieu said:

They have been at $239 a TON for Okies for the past couple of months. They went up to $259 for a while after the $219 and now they are back to $239 a TON. They sell in 65 bag lots ($310+-). Very nice people.

Thanks for clarifying the post where you said 65 bags for $219.

Even at 239/ton that's still way cheaper than down here in CT.

BTU said:
BTU said:
Ladderlieu said:

Okies are only shipped on pallets of 65 bags per. That is 1.3 tons. We price them to ALL dealer by the ton, not by the pallet, so if you bought a full pallet at $239 per ton, that would equal $310.70 for the full pallet. If you find a pallet of Okies that is only 50 bags, or 1 ton then that particular dealer did that themselves as far as repackaging it.

Squiers just because of their physical location has an advantage, because our MA warehouse is located right across the street from Squier's storage yard. They could literally drive their forklift to go get product, thus have just about no additional freight to get our product to their yard. Most dealers within 50 miles of the warehouse will usually pick them up themselves, which certainly is cheaper than using a commercial trucking company, but there is still added freight. The farther the dealer is from our warehouse, generally the more expensive their landed cost. This pretty much works the same with all pellets, which is why pellets are so much cheaper out west and in the mid-west than New England.

Squier's did have Okies in the spring for $219 and that was some produce that was not fair to be sold as "fresh". They were totally upfront with what someone was buying, they were NOT trying to pull the rug over on anyone and all the pallets had been re-stacked and any product that wasn't saleable was removed. IF someone wasn't happy with the product, Squier's would have replaced it. That was a ONE TIME event and (trust me when I say this) it will not be repeated ......period. Great deal for Squiers and anyone that got some of them...not so great for the mill...!!! Their current stock is totally fresh and has been for months as ALL of our current dealer stock is...All of the stuff that was selling for $219 was sold months ago... I'm not here to bang the drum for any one dealer, but I don't want anyone to think they have 2nd rate stock either....

As a manufacture, we do NOT set retail pricing...that is totally up to the dealer and some will pay more than others depending on how far from the warehouses they are that we currently use, but that has to do with additional freight to get it to them. We also use a warehouse just across the Canadian border to service our northern NY, NH, VT and ME clients as we can be more competitive than bringing it into MA and then shipping "up" to those states....Hopefully this might clear some misinformation that seems to be floating around.

If I can ever find a trucker that will work for free…then every dealer in New England would probably have the same price, but until then, prices will vary depending on location……… :)

Thanks for the clarification.

Iwill say the dragons I bought were well kept there wasn't a single damaged bag.Also do you know if spurias will continue to sell your product if no I personaly will ask them for more okies

BTU said:
richkorn said:
relxn88 said:
Ladderlieu said:

Thanks for clarifying the post where you said 65 bags for $219.

Even at 239/ton that's still way cheaper than down here in CT.

No...I said we ship 65 bags per pallet, but the $219 price was per ton or 50 bags ...that is what I said.... :)

NO, I meant clarification on the price as it relates to freight cost. I understand it's > expensive the further you are away from the plant. One pallet of Okies = 65 bags AOK.

The other clarification was from relxn88 where he clarified his post that was written such that it said he got 65 bags for $219 which is not the case.

Thanks.

Awesome keep those trucks rolling and us pellet heads in central mass will keep buying.BTW sorry to the original poster for highjacking this thread.

relxn88 said:
Ladderlieu said:

I was unclear on my clarification for someone else apparently. I've purchased from Squires before, both at the $219 a ton and $259 a ton price so I'm well aware that Okies come "advertised" by the "ton", but "sold" by the "1.3 ton" pallet. I think it throws people off when they hear they are getting 65 bags per pallet, but they are advertised by the ton. Just a little math will show what a third of a ton goes for and add that to the "per ton" price. Asking Squires to put a price on their site for the 65 bag pallet might confuse people into thinking they are paying that price for a ton. Not sure if anyone else deals their pellets in the 1.3 ton pallet or not...

acushnet alternative heat has them. $250 per ton.barefoot same price.thats a hike for you though.

You should ask Hamer's directly.

Here is a link to their dealer locating form.

http://www.hamerpellet.com/lookfordealer.htm

P.S. I bought Somerset from www.lppellets.com this year. It is a pellet made entirely from hardwood flooring scraps just like the Hamer's Hot Ones. Only burned a couple bags so far but they seem great and get great reviews.

cncpro said:
You should ask Hamer's directly.

Here is a link to their dealer locating form.

http://www.hamerpellet.com/lookfordealer.htm

P.S. I bought Somerset from www.lppellets.com this year. It is a pellet made entirely from hardwood flooring scraps just like the Hamer's Hot Ones. Only burned a couple bags so far but they seem great and get great reviews.

Thank You! I already did that about a week ago. There feedback/response is not all that helpfull and still waiting for someone to reply back to me......

Ladderlieu said:
relxn88 said:
Ladderlieu said:

I was unclear on my clarification for someone else apparently. I've purchased from Squires before, both at the $219 a ton and $259 a ton price so I'm well aware that Okies come "advertised" by the "ton", but "sold" by the "1.3 ton" pallet. I think it throws people off when they hear they are getting 65 bags per pallet, but they are advertised by the ton. Just a little math will show what a third of a ton goes for and add that to the "per ton" price. Asking Squires to put a price on their site for the 65 bag pallet might confuse people into thinking they are paying that price for a ton. Not sure if anyone else deals their pellets in the 1.3 ton pallet or not...

We retail our Okies at $269 per ton or $349.00 for 1.3 tons. We are more expensive than Squire - Sguire is in Monson,Ma and that is where the Okies are Stored. We ship them 50 miles south to our warehouse. Squire's are great people and if you want to drive to Monson and pick them up to save a couple of bucks go for it. One of the best pellets in the country and very consistent, only wish we could get Dragons again, cleanest pellet I have burned. Our Stove Cleaning Company swears by them Mike's Spa and Pellet Stove Service.

I ordered Oakies @ 335.00 for 1.3 tons & Hammers @ 245.00 a ton........

The reason i first asked regarding Hammers is to stock up with the pickup during the winter months so i can have an understanding as to where i can pick them up. This year i'm having them delivered.....normally i pic up to save on $$

Status
Not open for further replies.