Looking for help with Grandma lll stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have been monitoring flue temps with my ir thermometer and everything seems real good, the stove seems to be more efficient with the extended baffle in place, i am pleased with that, i like to keep the stove stemps around 500 to 550 and it seems to hold there very well and for much longer, my only problem now is some of the seasoned wood i have became wet and am trying to dry it out, its 3 year seasoned white, black and red oak, also maple, i have been splitting it and placing it in the log rack next to the stove, some of my tarps got blown over and my wood got wet, hopefully this will remedy that

I like coming onto this website to read all the interesting articles and see the wealth of knowledge that you Coaly and others share on here, i am also a member of arboristsite which is where guys talk mainly about chainsaws and things of the sort, i am into restoring old saws and repairing newer ones and actually use quite a few of them for processing firewood with friends, they enjoy using them as well. Thank you for all your help, its greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Todd67
I too have the same issue. A friend gave us half a cord of seasoned birch, we plan on picking up more, but it was left in a field for the last five years. It's well seasoned, but wet from not being covered. There's also som spruce mixed in from my own property I split and stacked on racks under tarps before winter really got going. We also got a pallet of Bio bricks to help is out while this stuff dries. So far so good.

Attachments

• 20190126_080712.jpg
    20190126_080712.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 235
Reactions: Todd67