looking for long island pellet deals

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

petemal

Jan 18, 2011
LONG ISLAND, NY
any luck with any spring deals on LI i have room for about 2 tons and looking for a deal ....... sub 200

I do not know of any deals near Hicksville.
I could buy two tons if there were a good enough deal.

Bill

i have seen nothing. Lowes and Home Depot are out of pellets so no deals to be had.

Haven't called the small shops, but I don't think I will find any thing good.

Woodpellets.com has Cleanfire hardwoods for 243 a ton. I might get me 2.6 tons of it (that's what they deliver) and call it a day. Still have about 80 bags left from this winter. maybe i'll use another 20 to May.

I am surprised with the warm winter and all HD carring them this year i figured they would be loaded up we need sub 200 to make it worth while

Petemal, I agree 100%. Very disappointed at not finding cheap pellets.

It seems there was more supply this winter, but even with the warm weather it was not enough. More demand I guess. Every time I passed a pellet stash at the big box stores, some one was buying it. And I have been noticing more pellet vents around the neighborhood.

No Deals around the island? Maybe it is too early?

Bill

Haven't even looked yet. Will be visiting Lowes soon, though, and asking about the Green Teams. I expect they will price them around $5.50, like they have in New England region.

Either that or Woodpellets.com.

Haven't gotten any promos from them, though.

Pete, where else do you look for pellets?

vinny i usually have been getting them at lowes green team and presto logs, last year i didnt pay over 200 even got some at 175. i have a few guys so i can do a truck load but want to pay under 200 for good quality green team by the truck is cheaper but shipping kills you, i have checks the dist in patchogue but not a fan of infernos, i have called a few other places but they all seem to be in the 280-320 range, does anyone know any manufacters that has a rail side, where do you get yours from

Status
Not open for further replies.