Looking for Pacific Energy owners, please tell me what you own.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks Tom, very helpfull. There is only one dealer in the denver metro, boulder, loveland, area, and thats a HUGE area.

I couldn't find a PE dealer anywhere near the Mid-Atlantic area.

Pretty tough to top Tom's analysis. Got it right from the horses mouth, so to speak.

What can I say about my Summit insert? I love it.
I have to admit that I had never heard of P.E. when I went shopping and in fact came close to making a deal on a Napoleon. Also looked at a Regency. But the dealerthat handled both of those seemed like a bit of a shyster to me, while the P.E. dealer was really down to earth and answered all my questions the way I wanted them answered. They also handle Osburn in an insert, but I didn't like the look of them.
I originally started looking at the Pacific model, mostly to try and save $$$.
In between all this, I mentioned to a good friend that I was looking for an insert and right away he mentioned the Summit.
He has a Summit Classic free-standing in, you guessed it, Whorehouse Red. After explaining to me that the guts were identical I was sold, as I had enjoyed his fire many a night. In his words, "Go big or go home..."
As of last week, another good friend of ours just installed a Summit Classic in the Green. He wanted the red, but his wife put her foot down and exclaimed, " I Will Not Put up with ALL of YOUR friends coming in here and making comments about our stove being "Whorehouse Red"..... :red:
So, of course we all tease him unmercifully. And the wife? We tell her that the stove just isn't ripe yet, but don't worry, after a few good fires, the green magically turns to "Whorehouse Red".

Driz said:
Whorehouse in quebec. I know where the friendliest little cathouse in the NE is located in Quebec. Its just across the border in Clarenceville, right at the tip of lake CHamplain. I bet a couple of you New Englanders have ventured there. They come from all over the place as far away as Mass. Maby a couple of you guys................hey wait were you talking about a red stove, Quebec or what, I get confused.

Driz,

Sorry to hijack for a quick second...

Many times used to cut the corner, from interstate 87, east to Knowlton and usually it was very late..That place was always packed...About 3 years ago was with the Mrs.'s Brother and we were headed to Lake Placid (about 6 am) tells me it is one he(( of a place.. Told me they used to drive from over near Valcourt to go there...easy 2-2 1/2 hours...each way.

A Ha Vintage 101. A PATRON! You wouldn't believe how many guilty faces I have seen over the years talking to people coming back from there across that Border. It took me almost a year to get someone to fess up to the prices just to satisfy my curiosity about that place when it opened. There are guys who come from Southern Mass and vicinity to go to that place. Not my cup of tea but it sure does fill one of those niche job areas. My favorites were a bunch of woodsmen from Tupper Lake. They used to come up every couple weeks in their heavy duty F 350 ( one of those monsters like the power company uses with many of the military add ons for the woods. These guys all looked like they just dragged themselves in from the timber camp and so did the truck. Every one had a big beard. I used to call them the 7 dwarfs as they all looked like Boramir on the movie Lord of The Rings. Its one of life's little inconsequential memories I will never forget.

Have not been in that place specifically. Mostly farms around there. It always cracked me up, did not matter what day of the week
always cars there at night. Crossing there it was always after a long day and another 45 minutes would be at the house.

About 8-9 yrs ago was the last time I enjoyed a cold ginger ale in one of those places...Chez Paris in Montreal.

Tom that was a great post and now I need to see one of these up close. Anyone know of NH dealers who carry PE equipment. I know Nichols Hardware in Lyme used to but they are only doing Tarm right now. The two dealers listed from the PE 'Find a dealer' that were closest to me do not sell them.

thechimneysweep said:
One of PE's big advantages is, they're built in a robotics assembly plant.

Mmmm... robots... that's sure to raise some cockels around here. And if it doesn't, it should - there are more manufacturing jobs lost to automation than to outsourcing...

There are several distibutors in CT that offer PE. I am torn between the summit insert, Hampton hi300 or a lopi freedom. I have owned a freedom at my last house, great stove. 2 months of research...I may be leaning towards the summit.

Fist-o-Fury said:
There are several distibutors in CT that offer PE. I am torn between the summit insert, Hampton hi300 or a lopi freedom. I have owned a freedom at my last house, great stove. 2 months of research...I may be leaning towards the summit.

< PUSH > Did ya fall the right way ? lol

Roospike said:
Fist-o-Fury said:

< PUSH > Did ya fall the right way ? lol

I know I did. So close yet so far to fire. I'm chomping at the bit at this point.

HA HA..thats a quick 2....theres one on ebay for 2100.00 free delivery..choice of gold ,nickel, black door/ with surround.Free shipping as well. The dealers around here want 2025.00 plus 495 for a door and 129 for a surround. 2700.00 total. Not a bad deal on ebay, just curious if there is a problem if a local dealer will accomodate me with a warrnty issue?

no, a local dealer will not help you one bit with a warrenty on a stove bought off the internet, not that you could expect them too. Manufactures pay peanuts on warrenty claims, warrenty is a loosing proposition for dealers, they will ONLY take care of the stoves they sale.

As I recall, PE did not even let their dealers list a price for stoves on their websites. They wanted you to visit the dealer for pricing, so the dealer network must mean something to them. I would suggest going to a dealer. Most of them have good, certified installers and can give some good advice on set up, location, etc. You can screw up even a great stove with a bad install.

Brother Bart, thank you for the link. Thats some well needed information. My local PE dealer is a "sheister" as hogwildz put in a previous post. Very unprofessional and a poor sales person.

I am pursuing Lopi/ freedom, or Quad Fire 4100i. Any feedback on quad fires? I have searched some post. Looking for personal experiences with it. Thanks agian for great info!

its been said a million times, the dealer is more important then the stove. If you have quad and lopi to choose from, then you have other excellent choices. Any questions about quads from a dealer standpoint, just ask.

stove guy.. I looked at the quadra fire 4100i today..nickel trim, very nice looking. The salesman was experienced and spent 45 minutes with me. I saw the 2 air controls on the right side of the door. One is for the 2 center air holes at the rear of the stove. The other is air control for the secondary burn tubes? Can you explain when these should be used, and at what levels in a burn should they be used. I understand draft should have something to do with this. What feedback have you heard about the airwash system, and the clarity of the side bay windows during a burn.

one aircontrol is the primary air, the other air control is start up air. It basicly does the same thing as cracking the door. Once the fire is going you have to shut the start up air port. As far as the airwash goes, depends alot on your burn habits, but generally speaking, the side windows stay moderalty clear, the far edges on them will soot up. I good hot fire will usually take care of it. The 4100I is one of my top selling inserts, my customers love them. Mabey you should start a thread about it and get some user feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.