1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Looking to buy a CVA Wolf black powder rifle.

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by charly, Oct 24, 2012.

1. charly

charly Guest

Any thoughts on this model? Cabella's seems to have a good price with a scope combo and case, plus I have a Cabella's card with credit, gun would cost me about 76 dollars, free shipping .

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. swagler85

swagler85 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    I had a CVA a while ago, it was a decent gun but when I upgraded to a Thompson Center I fell in love. That gun is deadly accurate and has long range capabilities.
  3. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    I actually bought the Cabelas .50, which is a good shooter, but I upgraded to a Green Mtn .54 barrel for PRB and its the bomb. I don't have enough experience to answer your actual question though
  4. charly

charly Guest

Thanks for the info!
  5. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    For 76.00 is cheap and a great way to get started in bp...
  6. charly

charly Guest

Got a credit put back on my Cabella card plus when I signed up and bought a few things in the Maine store I also got reward dollars, so I can complain at that investment .
  7. Brokenwing

Brokenwing Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northern Maryland
    I use a H & R BP Muzzleloader I purchased at cabelas a few years back, very accuarate with open sites at 100 yards. Nothing fancy but a fun gun. As far as CVA my buddy had one and really like it, I dont think you can go wrong with that purchase.
  8. charly

charly Guest

Thanks.
  9. FanMan

FanMan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    CT stix & upstate NY
    I have an older CVA Hawken, bought used, which has more than paid for itself in contributions to the dinner table... perhaps not as finely finished as a T/C but it's more accurate than I am and has always been reliable.