Looking to buy a CVA Wolf black powder rifle.

charly Posted By charly, Oct 24, 2012 at 10:10 AM

1. charly

charly

Any thoughts on this model? Cabella's seems to have a good price with a scope combo and case, plus I have a Cabella's card with credit, gun would cost me about 76 dollars, free shipping .

2. swagler85

swagler85
    Minister of Fire

Mar 4, 2012
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    I had a CVA a while ago, it was a decent gun but when I upgraded to a Thompson Center I fell in love. That gun is deadly accurate and has long range capabilities.

3. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones
    Minister of Fire

May 20, 2008
    Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    I actually bought the Cabelas .50, which is a good shooter, but I upgraded to a Green Mtn .54 barrel for PRB and its the bomb. I don't have enough experience to answer your actual question though

4. smokinj

smokinj
    Minister of Fire

Aug 11, 2008
    Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    For 76.00 is cheap and a great way to get started in bp...

5. charly

charly

Got a credit put back on my Cabella card plus when I signed up and bought a few things in the Maine store I also got reward dollars, so I can complain at that investment .

6. Brokenwing

Brokenwing
    Feeling the Heat

Feb 11, 2012
    Loc:
    Northern Maryland
    I use a H & R BP Muzzleloader I purchased at cabelas a few years back, very accuarate with open sites at 100 yards. Nothing fancy but a fun gun. As far as CVA my buddy had one and really like it, I dont think you can go wrong with that purchase.

7. charly

charly

Thanks.

8. FanMan

FanMan
    Feeling the Heat

Mar 4, 2012
    Loc:
    CT stix & upstate NY
    I have an older CVA Hawken, bought used, which has more than paid for itself in contributions to the dinner table... perhaps not as finely finished as a T/C but it's more accurate than I am and has always been reliable.