Looks like BT is honoring Nov. promo 'till this weekend...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
the promotion they were running in Nov. seems to be good still, at least for this week.

If anyone just happens to be going by BT, and then just happen to be driving to NY on I-84, let me know....I'd love to get a few bags of Okies to test. OK, OK, I know....the chances of that happening are slim/none, but hey, you never know!

There will be a nice 12 pack surprise waiting! :lol:

macman said:
If anyone just happens to be going by BT, and then just happen to be driving to NY on I-84, let me know....I'd love to get a few bags of Okies to test. OK, OK, I know....the chances of that happening are slim/none, but hey, you never know!

There will be a nice 12 pack surprise waiting! :lol:
just curious mac....how far from danbury mall are ya?

pete, the 12 pack would be a tentation for jay.....just watch and wait.....

macman said:
HEMI said:

Hemi, it takes me about 35-40 min. to get to Danbury
takes me 25-30......if interested we can set something up, i'm probably going to BT this weekend to get some more sample bags.

I'd love to try a bag or two of the Okanagan or Spruce Pointe, they don't have it by the bag....she said only around 3 or 4 tons left (.....she said....)

HEMI said:
macman said:
HEMI said:

takes me 25-30......if interested we can set something up, i'm probably going to BT this weekend to get some more sample bags.

What you looking to get Hemi?

geek said:
I'd love to try a bag or two of the Okanagan or Spruce Pointe, they don't have it by the bag....she said only around 3 or 4 tons left (.....she said....)
wow...that nov. sale must have wiped em out.......3 weeks ago i was able to get both by the bag.

jtakeman said:
HEMI said:
macman said:
HEMI said:

jay, still want to try.......rocky's, hammers, dry creek and o'malley...I'm all set for the year with the 4 tons of lignetics but wanna grab 2 more ton, 1 of each just to switch it up now and again. being my first year i tried a bag of ligs, liked em so i bought 4 ton for the season....from now on i wanna keep the 4 ton on hand each season but each be a diff. brand

HEMI said:
jtakeman said:
HEMI said:
macman said:
HEMI said:

jay, still want to try.......rocky's, hammers, dry creek and o'malley...I'm all set for the year with the 4 tons of lignetics but wanna grab 2 more ton, 1 of each just to switch it up now and again. being my first year i tried a bag of ligs, liked em so i bought 4 ton for the season....from now on i wanna keep the 4 ton on hand each season but each be a diff. brand

You learning quick! Good choices to try.

By the way You had one right in my "test" guess. Barefoots! Close on the second. Okies. I had to try them with all the chatter and being new. I got to try more than expected this year. I have at least 3 brands I want to due a larger burn. Maybe 6 bags or so. Good to have choices. Exspecially when you can't find or afford your favorites.

Love to meet you there, But I am in a money crunch. Saving for the holidays. But come mid january, I will be looking for next years deals. I want to try the Lake region for haha's.

Keep us posted on those pellet trials.

geek said:

Someday, We all got to meet some where! It not going to take pellets or beer either. :lol:

jtakeman said:
geek said:

Someday, We all got to meet some where! It not going to take pellets or beer either. :lol:

Give me a little lead time to set it up, and I'm there. Katwill in Beacon already said he wants to get together w/ a bunch of us.

Maybe form the "NE Pellet Burners & Beer Connoisseurs Association" ???? ;-P

macman said:
jtakeman said:
geek said:

Give me a little lead time to set it up, and I'm there. Katwill in Beacon already said he wants to get together w/ a bunch of us.

Maybe form the "NE Pellet Burners & Beer Connoisseurs Association" ???? ;-P

I like it, But I got to pass till after the holidays. Funds are low. To much pellets splurging. Takes me about 45 mins as well to get to Danbury.

Hey Jay just got bought new Enviro M55 , to install early next week. I saw your test results looks good, I do know of this guy BT, I have tested some bags for him. I know he also has some brands he does not tell because he is not sure yet, one is from oversees.

Sinbad said:
Hey Jay just got bought new Enviro M55 , to install early next week. I saw your test results looks good, I do know of this guy BT, I have tested some bags for him. I know he also has some brands he does not tell because he is not sure yet, one is from oversees.

Very curious as to how you like M55?

BT has quite the pellet stash. He also has brands he only sells to retailers. Personally I have never met him. I deal with Debi some. They seem to be good people there.Thing I like best is they know pellets.Not like the bogbox reps. But I do spread my business(I don't want to get stuck like I did when we had a pellet shortage). I do deal with CTPellet too! But there prices are too pricey this year. But I am keeping my foot in the door JIC.

Keep us posted on the M55, Maybe post a photo if you get a minute.

geek said:

geek,

There hit or miss on the per bag. They start to conserve when they get low. The Okies are your best bet. Some one will only want the 50 bag skid. So you might see them. Or hit the gas station as hemi said. I have been tyring to get the cubex for a while now! :mad:

By the way I like your new avatar, Funny thats what I thought you looked like, special when you see pellets! :lol: just kidding. Hope you can make it if we meet somewhere! You to Hemi!

Sinbad said:
I sure will send pics. There is another guy that has North Country in your state.

Who? Don't tease us like that. Come on spill the beans, We share everthing here. Well almost everything(don't touch my pellets-hehe) :cheese:

jtakeman said:
.....By the way I like your new avatar, Funny thats what I thought you looked like, special when you see pellets!.....

That squirrel in the original Ice Age was the funniest part of the whole movie. :lol:

macman said:
jtakeman said:
.....By the way I like your new avatar, Funny thats what I thought you looked like, special when you see pellets!.....

That squirrel in the original Ice Age was the funniest part of the whole movie. :lol:

I like that squirel! Too funny in all of them.

jtakeman said:
Sinbad said:
I sure will send pics. There is another guy that has North Country in your state.

Who? Don't tease us like that. Come on spill the beans, We share everthing here. Well almost everything(don't touch my pellets-hehe) :cheese:
Try on the Eastern side of your state.

Sinbad said:
jtakeman said:
Sinbad said:

Try on the Eastern side of your state.

Hmmm. Still looking.

jtakeman said:
macman said:
jtakeman said:

........ I hope it comes out in 're-runs' soon ......cc :long:

CanadaClinker said:
jtakeman said:
macman said:
jtakeman said:

........ I hope it comes out in 're-runs' soon ......cc :long:

:lol: How are you cc? Nice hat, Got one for macman(aka moe)?

Status
Not open for further replies.