Looky what I just bought my dad for Christmas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigg_Redd said:
http://www.echo-usa.com/product.asp?Model=CS-360T&Category=CHAINSAW

I told him I'd get him a new saw if I got dibs on it after he tips over.
Sweeeeeet got a friend that has that saw more cc than the 330t its going to be a fun x-mass at your house

nice saw. I have the 30 cc version, udnerpowered. I run a 12 inch bar, to one hand trim.
36 cc would be about right, but 16 bar is too big. climbers use 14, i still like 12 for that power.
top handles are a bit tricky for novice use, not as much control as hands are closer together. be safe.

reliable, 10 years old and never failed me yet...

k

kevin j said:
nice saw. I have the 30 cc version, udnerpowered. I run a 12 inch bar, to one hand trim.
36 cc would be about right, but 16 bar is too big. climbers use 14, i still like 12 for that power.
top handles are a bit tricky for novice use, not as much control as hands are closer together. be safe.

reliable, 10 years old and never failed me yet...

k

The old man had a 020 for years and loved it. He loaned it out and it was run with straight gas and it died. He's wanted another top handle ever since.

They come stock with a 16" bar and I don't presume to know more about Echo saws than Echo does. Besides, I'm backward of most members here - long bars = less bending over.

You are going to make your Dad very happy this Christmas. Well, really you are going to make him happy every time he uses that saw. He will think of how thoughtful you are to buy him such a great present! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year---- I know your dad is!!!!!

Thanks Rick.

* Update, I had the story of the demise of the 020 wrong. The saw wasn't loaned out, the old man burned it up himself. This may be were I got the inspiration to use one gas can for everything. . .

Ok x-mass is over so how is dad taking the new saw?

smokinj said:
Ok x-mass is over so how is dad taking the new saw?

He's pretty thrilled but he hasn't had a chance to put it through it's paces yet. I'll be sure to report back.

Does he like to vacation in Canada? Got 12 cord coming in January. A new form of Dude Ranch?

awwww! Idn't it cuuuute!

LLigetfa said:
Does he like to vacation in Canada? Got 12 cord coming in January. A new form of Dude Ranch?

Sweet idea! How much do you think people would pay to come cut and stack your wood for you?

Matt

Pay me? Never looked at it from that angle. I figured free room and board and beer in moderation. The incumbent of course, would have to be a good story teller or a hard worker.

Status
Not open for further replies.