loose glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsauto

Hearth Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
southern me
Anyone had a problem with loose glass on empress fs stove. Husband re glued glass, but this really should not be happening
got any ideas, anyone know if that is a warrantee thing purchased stove july 2006 Louise

Bobby said:
Anyone had a problem with loose glass on empress fs stove. Husband re glued glass, but this really should not be happening
got any ideas, anyone know if that is a warrantee thing purchased stove july 2006 Louise

Bobby said:
........anyone know if that is a warrantee thing purchased stove july 2006 Louise

Check owners manual...they usually have a list of things covered under warranty based on the # of years since it was new.

Bobby said:

They had a recall on the glass door of the Empress FS. I was able to get mine replaced no problem. I love my empress and it is the only problem I have had. Here is a thread https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/35460/

As others have said there is a recall. Contact you local dealer. All i needed to give them was a serial # and date code. They got the new door/glass assembly within a few weeks and i put it in my self. Think i still have the old door kicking around too. Other than that no other issues with the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.