Lopi 1750

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodog1023

Feb 21, 2013
Hi folks,

My wife and I purchased the Lopi 1750 last summer and had it professionally installed by the retailer. We love the stove and it does an amazing job heating the main level of my house and has helped cut our propane bill significantly. The reason for my thread is that the blower on the stove vibrates periodically and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. If so how did you fix it. I'm a light sleeper and on nights the blower vibrates it's waking me up!! I guess the positive way of looking at it is that I always add wood to the fire if it wakes me. Any help would be appreciated.

I would check the mounting fasteners & make sure they're secure. If they are & you're STILL getting a rattle/vibration, then I'd add some rubber washers as a vibration dampener. If you think the area gets too hot for a rubber product, you could always use some flat tape gasket instead. HTH...

Contact the Installer, the Blowers have a 3 or 5yr warranty on them. More than likely if the bolts are not loose one of the bearing is starting to go out on it. I have the same stove, Avalon and Lopi are both Travis industries companies and the only, I mean only, difference in the stoves is the Door. I don't use a blower and the stove keeps the house nice and warm. You might try pulling the blower off and running it a few days without.

Reactions: ScotO
I used to get vibrations from the blower on my Napoleon. Upon inspecting it, it had a pretty good buildup of dust and gunk on it, which took the squirrel cage out of balance causing it to vibrate. So now, I periodically remove my blower motor and clean it out really good with the compressor. Then I put a little graphite on each bronze bearing, and re-install it. No vibrations at all anymore.

Reactions: webby3650
Pull it off and give a quick clean out with an air compressor. It's attached with two 3/8" head bolts. The bolts are just under the primary air control. I bet that will take care of it.

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.