Lopi Berkshire - Flames going out sporadically

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schu2112

Jan 22, 2016
Syracuse, NY
Hi

I have a Lopi Berkshire gas stove, which I believe was installed around 2007. Recently we have been having an issue with the flame going out by itself. Typically, the stove will stay on and not have an issue until we turn it off. However, there are times when the flame will go out and need to be re-lit using the ignition button. Sometimes you can just wiggle the on/off switch after it goes off, without turning the switch off, and it will re-light by itself. Other times it will need to use the button. The problem comes and goes and sometimes it will go over a week without an issue and other times it just keeps happening. Years ago the on/off switch was replaced and we had it serviced last year and they could not find the issue.

I am thinking it is the on/off switch but am not sure at this point. The pilot light has never gone out on it and it is impossible to recreate the problem.

Thanks

The pilot has never gone out, but you have to hit the ignition button?
The ignition is only needed to light the pilot. Can you take pics
of your gas valve, switch & the terminal block & post them?

Tried to check the pilot when it went off but has not done so for a day or two so not sure if the pilot is going out or if it is the rocker switch to turn on and off the stove. Seems to relight at times when the switch is jiggled. Will check to see if light is lit when it goes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.