Lopi blower sound example

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AmeliaCat

Dec 9, 2020
New England
We recently bought a Lopi answer wood stove insert. It was professionally installed. The blower makes a rattling sound that sort of sounds like a sad (or angry) cicada. Would anyone be willing to post a video of a lopi wood stove so we can understand if our blower needs maintenance, or if this sound is just something we have to get over? Our video is posted below.

Sounds like there's something in the blower that
is being hit by the vanes in the fan unit.
It could be a section of the blower power cord...
Have you looked at it?

I've got a new Endeavor that I'm trying to quiet the fan. Yours sounds like maybe a blade tip is hitting on the back of the stove. Mine is a vibration. I've made silicone grommets to fit between the fan and the stove without it helping. I've narrowed it down to the fan mount to the cage. I'll be tweaking on it this weekend.

Something is definitely wrong with yours. If send that video to the store manager and ask for a warranty service call.

Sounds a bit like when a baseball card was put on the bike frame to buzz against the spokes. The blower should come out and be inspected. It could be a wire rubbing against the squirrel cage which would be bad or as simple as an inspection or shipping tag that didn't get removed.

Thanks all. I did have the installers come back and they said the noise was normal. We will send them our video. Thanks for the sanity check.