Lopi Endeavor (2008)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Libber

Jul 20, 2011
Eastern MI
Looking for some feedback on a lopi endeavor. Seems like people really love this stove or absolutey hate it. A few people said it was a hunk of junk, with parts wearing out quickly. We are looking at purchasing a used 2008 model. They are asking 1,000 with 12ft of double insulated pipe included. My previous experience with wood stoves is an mama bear fisher.. Way pre EPA! I know stoves are much different these days but basically I'm wondering about the quality of this stove and approximate burn times with hardwood (oak). Any feedback good or bad will be appreciated! Also, is 1,000 a fair price? It also has a blower. Thank you!

Lopi makes a great stove. I haven't heard many bad things about the Endeaver. Dry wood is the key, the old pre epa stoves could burn anything. Price seems right since your getting the pipe as well. Look for warped parts inside the fire box or overfire signs like a lot of white metal on the outside. If all looks good I'd jump on it.

Most folks really like this stove. A buddy has one and has no complaints.

Both my cousin and one of my nephews have Endeavors, and they are very pleased with the stove. I wish my Liberty's firebox was as deep as the Endeavor's. I think it's a good choice, so long as it's the right size stove for the space you're heating. Rick

I have an Endeavor right now that I burned the last two seasons. It's had about 10 full cords of wood put through it to this point. The bottom dollar on mine would be 1000 so I think the price is about right. It will be replaced by a Blaze King Princess for this upcoming season.

The stove is a great little heater and a blower is a must imo. I'm heating nearly 2K with at and it's done a good job. The overnight burn on the stove is a piece of cake, load it at 10 or 11 pm and restart in the morning about 7am with no issue, some mornings the blower will still be running. The daytime burn is a little tougher, I load the stove at 7am and get home from work between 6-7 pm, the stove still has plenty of coals for an easy relight with full size splits but the heat output isn't contributing to anything. I'd say you get about 6 hours of useful heat out of the stove before temps will start lowering in the house.(this is during the cold part of the winter) Obviously this will vary greatly by the house and how insulated/tight it is.

I've had two issues with the stove since I've owned it and one was my own fault. I screwed up the door gasket and it lost a roll pin out of one of the burn tube. The roll pin was obviously an easy fix and pretty common from what I gathered.

The stoves pros:

Great convection design, it moves the heat around my house very well.

Square fire box take a 18" split n/s or e/w, this is HUGE for me. I only burned it n/s though.

Bypass that eliminates smoke spillage during start up/reloads.

Brick baffle in the top of the stove so you don't have to worry about screwing up a board baffle with a poker or split.

Close clearance to combustibles, just over 4" on the rear!

Only a couple cons:

Ash lip needs to be lower below the door.

Depth of the firebox should be deeper, when opening the door ash would spill out frequently.

Here is a good review written on the Endeavor by Pagey.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/37171/

If you have any specific questions let me know, I should be able to answer anything you need.

Me rikey! We have an '08 Endeavor and we love it. As stated, see my old post/review linked by rdust.

We have no complaints about our Endeavor but only have one season under our belt. My wife feels like the stove is easy to run as well. I cannot really see anything wearing out except for the door gasket or firebrick (way down the road). I have about $5k into my stove including installation and a 15 foot chimney installation.

Note that there is a minimum chimney spec on the Endeavor and it is 15 feet 6 inches if a I recall correctly. It is in the manual which you can down load.

Parts wearing out? My '98 Endeavor is still running all it's original parts, except the pins that hold in the tubes. Seems like a pretty good track record. No complaints about this stove. It just keeps chugging along.

Thank you everyone for the replys! Unfortunately were were a day late on getting this stove. We may purchase a lopi liberty now because we found one in our area for 500.00. I know the liberty is larger, but is it similar as far as operating goes to the endeavor?

Libber said:
Thank you everyone for the replys! Unfortunately were were a day late on getting this stove. We may purchase a lopi liberty now because we found one in our area for 500.00. I know the liberty is larger, but is it similar as far as operating goes to the endeavor?

Yep, same design just larger.

rdust said:
Libber said:

Yep, same design just larger.

Not exactly. The Liberty firebox is larger in terms of ft³, but it's wider E-W, and not as deep N-S as compared with the Endeavor. So if you like loading N-S, the Endeavor might be a better choice. The Liberty will take a 24" split E-W, but if you want to load N-S, you're talking ~16". Both stoves are well built and reliable. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.