Lopi Endeavor in corner on 48" pad??? Help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

puller738

Nov 21, 2009
IL
Finally made the decision to start burning wood. I decided to go with the Lopi endeavor in the corner of the house. Anyone out there know if I will be able to put that in the corner with a 48 in hearth pad or will I have to go with the 54 in to make it work. I would like to keep the pad up against the corner walls. Looks like it would be very close with the 48 in.
Buddy of mine just signed up for the endeavor so I decided to go that route. It sounds like a good ol bulletproof stove which is pretty important to me. So begins all the work of cuttin wood!!!

Look in the manual?
I did that before buying my stove just to get an idea of where it could/would sit.
Gonna depend on single wall vs. double wall flue too I would guess.
Experts can hopefully get you a better answer.

Your dealer should be able to figure it out for your setup. My bet would be a 54". If you want to do it yourself make a cardboard cutout and lay on floor and measure from there.

If you add up the clearances (6" to rear of floor pad and 16" from door to front of the pad) plus the 23.5" length of the stove, you get 45.5".

You'll probably have to do with double wall pipe to get the clearances needed for a 48" pad. I think mine is 48", and I used the double wall Selkirk stove pipe. If you use double wall, you don't have to leave the 6" from the back of the stove to the rear of the pad as long as the pad extends to the wall. From the manual:

NOTE: when installed with reduced-clearance connector, the clearance to the backwall may be less
than the floor protection requirement. In this case the floor protection must extend to the wall.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your input. The dealer is settin me up with DVL double wall black pipe. He was not sure what pad I was going to need. 4400 bucks without the pad is a huge investment and I'm a little nervous.

It does seem like a large chunk of change. I think you will be very happy with your investment. What are they wanting to charge you for the hearth pad? I built my own corner pad for my PE T5. If you have some handy skills and don't mind putting some time into it you can build a very good looking pad with some custom features. Cardboard cutouts are the easiest way to get an idea of where to start. If you have the space you can go with a triangular pad instead of a pentagon which also cuts down on the difficulty if you do decide to build your own. Good luck!

Stove will be in place in a few weeks. Dealer told me I could use a 48 in pad. I may have to pull it out a few in to get a straight pipe through the rafters and build a trim piece to fit between pad and wall. 300-350 bucks for the pad.

Thanks for everyones input.

Excellent. Now, get started on that fuel supply! Today's stoves require dry wood to work effectively and as safely as possible. Welcome to the addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.