Lopi endeavor stove top adaptor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atjones44

Sep 24, 2015
Kansas
So i have a question regarding the adaptor for the stove flue collar on my lopi. Its to loose. See attached pics. Do i have to notch the inner crimped so it slides further down in the collar? Will it get tighter further down? Using DVL pipe and adaptor. As you can see in the pictures its only about 5-7/8" so it wiggles.
image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you need that damper? Typically they aren't needed or recommended on modern stoves, unless you have a really tall flue.
Have you tried placing a piece of DVL over the flue collar? Sometimes it fits nicer than the adaptor. You can snip a notch in the adaptor to pass the stop, just make sure the inner pipe doesn't extend into the stove top beyond the flue collar.

I dont need the damper i guess, thats just what i got when i ordered the adapter.. i'll see if i can return it to northlineexpress. Will it hurt anything if i just leave it open all the time then and still use the damper adapter?
I havn't tried fitting the DVL over the stove yet. I will give that a shot, but the stop at the back of the collar is making the adapter sit lobsided because it cant go down far enough. If the DVL fits better, can i notch the inner dvl a 1/2" and not use the damper at all?
thanks for the reply

Thanks man, i'll give it a shot. have you installed DVL pipe before? i have one more question regarding the Dvl adapter to the ceiling support box.
so it seems straight forward enough, but it doesnt make sense to me why the adaptor would only fit on the OUTSIDE of the inner pipe section inside the support box. there is a little gap where i can see some insulation, is this a fire concern or how it is suppose to be? Its tight but i need some experts opinion. this is my first install in my new place.

see attached pics
DVL_Adapter_1.jpg DVL_Adapter_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.