1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Lopi Leyden firebrick cracked...repair with furnace cement?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by zrtmatos, Nov 26, 2012.

1. zrtmatos

zrtmatos Member

Loc:
    Connecticut
    Anyone have experience with repairing cracked firebrick in their stoves? ;? I have one with the older lightweight firebrick backing and it has cracked in half from top to bottom, around where the pellets fall into the pot. Bad design I think, should have been made of steel like on the Enviro Windsor. So, I would like to know what is best to use to repair this on a Lopi Leyden which has a steel backing behind the firebrick. Thoughts?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. nksdad2007

nksdad2007 Member

Loc:
    Central, Maine
  3. richkorn

richkorn Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE CT
    Signature says its a 2008 Leyden they are ceramic and warranty expired.

I recommend replacing them with the newer cast iron panels. They will last forever. And they are brick red...
  4. nksdad2007

nksdad2007 Member

Loc:
    Central, Maine
    What is it called in the warranty descriptions? Mine is the cast iron which i took as the "cast fireback" which is through the seven years.
  5. richkorn

richkorn Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE CT
    Yeah if by fireback they mean the cast firebrick 3 panels then it looks like 7 years. But the older ceramic ones were only like 2 years or something. They replaced mine with the cast when it cracked down the middle.
  6. bbfarm

bbfarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    wisconsin