1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Lopi: Leydon or Pioneer?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by caseyclan, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caseyclan

caseyclan New Member

Loc:
    Missouri
    I know they're not the same size or output, but I have the space for either one. I could get by with the pioneer, but not if its a "problem child". I checked the reviews but couldn't find anything on either model, so input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. derrickp

derrickp New Member

Loc:
    Western New York
    I have the Lopi Yankee stove which has a similar heating capacity as the Leyden stove. This is going on my second year with it and I am very happy overall.

What is the dealer charging price wise? I got mine for around $3,500 a year ago.

Derrick
  3. caseyclan

caseyclan New Member

Loc:
    Missouri
    Was the 3500 cost including install, or was it extra? Or, did you install yourself?
  4. JBlank912

JBlank912 New Member

Loc:
    NW NJ
    I just had the Lopi Yankee installed I paid $3325 for the stove and $150 for trim plus installation and install parts. It just seems like a larger version of the Pioneer. It works great.
  5. derrickp

derrickp New Member

Loc:
    Western New York
    We installed it ourselves since the dealer was about an hour away from my house.

Stove shops closer to me wanted $7,500 for the exact same model stove so it warrented the hour drive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.