1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Lopi Leydon Vs. Quadrafire Mt Vernon?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by waysidefarm, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waysidefarm

waysidefarm New Member

Loc:
    Pocono Mts PA
    Hi All!
    We're about to replace our beloved Vermont Castings woodstove with a Pellet Stove. Based on my own research and the assistance of a local salesperson (who seems both knowledgable and honest), we have narrowed it down to the Lopi Leydon as our first choice. I do like the Quadrafire Mt. Vernon, but our sales person reports they are seeing many more repairs on Quadrafires lately. I know the Mt. Vernon is a larger unit both in capacity and output, but I'm not willing to be annoyed by repairs. (That's just a pet peeve of ours!!!)

Anyone care to comment? I'm really not finding a ton of 3rd party info on either brand, so I'm relying on on person's opinion--the sales person. (It should be noted she's recommend the cheaper unit over the more expensive one--that stands for something, I guess!) Thanks, in advance.

Melissa

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. muss

muss Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Embden, Maine
    Well, i have a new Lopi Leyden but only have had it for a week . I was buying a Quadra-Fire but at the last minute after being on this site for 2 months & getting an independent installer's opinion i settled on the Lopi . I love it for it's simplicity & so far it's efficency but it's only been a week . The dealer i bought from had 2 junked Quadras in the dump pile & had discontinued carrying them. But i think if Quadra was junk, they would be out of buisness. I hope this has not confused you anymore . :shut:
  3. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    I'm a big time Lopi fan. I own one and sold them for 8 years. Quality product.
  4. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey USA
    You may want to look at the discussion on the forecast for future shortage of pellet fuel as linked on the hearth.com home page.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.