Lopi Liberty.........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmudda

Burning Hunk
Dec 6, 2009
Western Pennsylvania
I have a Lopi Liberty that was purchased new in 1996. The stove is used as a main source of heat from about November thru mid-April every year here in Western Pennsylvania.

I really haven't had the opportunity to discuss the operational charismatics of this stove within any forums, but I wanted to ask a few questions about the stove and compare to what other owners have experienced.

1.) How long has your firebrick lasted before needing replaced. Mine lasted 11 years before I had to replace the floor and sides, the top was still in tack.

2.) Has anyone replaced the steel components in the roof of the unit? Again, I had to replace mine twice in the 11 years I have had the stove. The steel angle and the bypass plate was all warped and destroyed and just basically burnt out.

3.) I got 11 years out of the door gasket before replacement.

I love the stove, and have plans for it to last me a good long time yet.

Lets hear from some other Liberty owners too.......

Craig

I don't have a Lopi, but I think it's a testament to their product if you can run them hard for 11 years and only need to replace a few parts.

Matt

Shmudda said:
I have a Lopi Liberty that was purchased new in 1996. The stove is used as a main source of heat from about November thru mid-April every year here in Western Pennsylvania.

I really haven't had the opportunity to discuss the operational charismatics of this stove within any forums, but I wanted to ask a few questions about the stove and compare to what other owners have experienced.

1.) How long has your firebrick lasted before needing replaced. Mine lasted 11 years before I had to replace the floor and sides, the top was still in tack.

2.) Has anyone replaced the steel components in the roof of the unit? Again, I had to replace mine twice in the 11 years I have had the stove. The steel angle and the bypass plate was all warped and destroyed and just basically burnt out.

3.) I got 11 years out of the door gasket before replacement.

I love the stove, and have plans for it to last me a good long time yet.

Lets hear from some other Liberty owners too.......

Craig

First year with the Liberty and love it, I'll get back to you in ten years on the replacement bricks.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.