lopi yankee restrictor adjustment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both the restrictor and the air thingy can be adjusted while the stove is running. So far it is burning beautifully since I pulled out the air thingy a notch. The guy from Lopi was a great help and sent me the right manual. It shows the restrictor and the thingy which, now looking at the manual, is called the intake restrictor. The one on the left is the exhaust restrictor. Go figure. So the guy also said that there are lots of reasons that the restrictor(s) would need to be adjusted........the temp setting on the stove, the outside temp and how the stove is vented are just a few. They need to be adjusted accordingly.

That's interesting. I wonder why you would ever need to restrict the exhaust, especially if you have a means of restricting the intake.

Anyway...sounds like you're on your way to a nice warm home ;)

Jim

Yea, I dont know either, except that it is working. The house is nice and toasty and there is no build up as of yet. Tonight, overnight will be the real test.

diane06413 said:
Tonight, overnight will be the real test.

yep, it's supposed to get down to around 20 here in SE NY...brrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'll have the hopper full, and the stove will probably be on it's highest heat setting so far this winter.

Burn those pellets! Take that oil company! :mad:

"Burn those pellets! Take that oil company! "

Seeing as HHO is down to around $2.15/gal...they're probably laughing at US ... LOL

Jim

Lobstah said:
"Burn those pellets! Take that oil company! "

Seeing as HHO is down to around $2.15/gal...they're probably laughing at US ... LOL

Jim
I WISH the HHO here was down to $2.15....I just talked to the oil company yesterday, so I could push back their delivery until January, and it's at $2.79 here in good 'ol NY.....robbers in Albany w/ their fuel taxes....run em all outta office, I say!

Good morning everyone. So, last night around 10:30 the pellets started to build up....bummer. I scouped what was there out of the burn pot and turned the stove up to high, thank goodness. It was 18 when I got up this morning. The house was nice and warm. The guy from Lopi did tell me that the burning can change based on the outside temperature, setting on the stove, the way the stove is vented, etc. and to adjust accordingly. I just turned it back down to low cause the kitchen is like 74 degrees, way to warm. Now I have to spend my late evenings figuring out where to set the restrictor when the temp drops outside. Not that I am complaining, I love tinkering with and fixing things. We're off to get our Christmas tree this morning. Have a great day all.

Status
Not open for further replies.