LOSS VACUUM SUMMER HEAT PELLET STOVE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CO37

Dec 9, 2017
California
I bought a new summer heat pellet stove and installed it myself. The first time I used it worked great for about an hour. Then it said loss vacuum shutting down. I let it shut all the way down and started it again. It worked until the fan came on and it said loss vacuum shutting down again. The next morning I started it again and it worked great for about an hour and a half and said loss vacuum shutting down. Any one have any ideas what is going on with this stove? technical support is not much help.

What type of stove did you buy .

Summer heat, which model? Check the vacuum hoses for cracks or the ends split Check the vac port just to the right of the burn pot on the firebox wall. Use a toothpick and make sure it doesn’t have ash or something in it. Englanders like to be clean. Give the stove a good cleaning. Fire box, burn pot, passages back to the convection blower. Then ensure your vent is clean to the top. 90% of the issues are cleanliness

Last edited:
So I cleaned out the vac. port and it will burn for a about 2 hours then shut down loss of vacuum again. Not sure what is going on with this thing. This has happen twice today. Any ideas?

What is the error code is the stove showing? Is this stove brand new? What is your vent pipe configuration?

What is the error code is the stove showing? Is this stove brand new? What is your vent pipe configuration?
It says loss of vacuum shutting down. it does not have error codes. It is a brand new stove. My vent pipe goes straight through the wall to the exterior. My pipe goes through the wall and goes at a 90 then straight up about 3'.

With it being a brand new stove, i would call englander and they will talk you through the troubleshooting process.

out of curiosity was it windy outside when this happened?

out of curiosity was it windy outside when this happened?
So not it was not windy at all. And I cleaned the air hole by the burn pot last night and it burned like crazy. Then I went to light it this morning and it said failed loss of vacuum. This is confusing me.

Time for a call to englander tech. Call in the morning hours they are less busy .

Ive had my doubts lately too. I ordered parts and they keep sending me the wrong thing, 2 times now. They used to have awesome tech help but it is the season.

Ive had my doubts lately too. I ordered parts and they keep sending me the wrong thing, 2 times now. They used to have awesome tech help but it is the season.
So I called them today and they had no idea at all. They have never had this problem before. So I took the hose off at the vacuum switch and blew it out. It’s now working great. Just soup I know.

Great hope it stays that way!