Lots of questions for the experts!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cbob

Jan 7, 2014
West Caln Pa
Hey Guy, Short history oil fired hot water boiler cracks last winter. I live in eastern Pa. I go out and purchase an old Morso 1120 and put it in basement where there was a previous wood stove. With a learning curve and many visits to this forum we made it through. We never got real long burn with it because we where not able to fully close door, this stove gets air through the door handle. I want to put a stove on my first floor it's around 1700 square feet. I see this stove at Tractor Supply today and it seems like a good price. Sure I would love a Bk Jotul whatever but I am a self employed contractor with son in college and a daughter a step away. I also get the you get what you pay for thing and wonder in long run if it's not worth it to bite bullet and spend another chunks of money for something better. I put this way to long post out to you guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Reactions: Dix
Good wood and a good chimney and installation and you will get a lot more than six hundred bucks use from the stove.

Reactions: Dix
i have used the next size larger stove,this will be its third year,and am happy with it.as long as you have dry wood to feed it,and a good chimney setup,you will get a whole lot more than that in fuel savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.