Lots of Work Done Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

My wife says its an addiction but what does she know. Thanks to a fellow forum member I was able to get two minivan full of wood today. Also, I really put the new X27 to work today. There is a lot of work to be done at this site yet as there are about 5 nice size red maples downed from one of the storms. Thanks Rory for the score.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 409
  • Capturea.jpg
    Capturea.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 382
  • fsk.jpg
    fsk.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 395
  • Captureb.jpg
    Captureb.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 382
I sure hope yer not gonna let that rock oak go (the tree laying down behind your fiskars pics), that stuff burns great, although it takes a while to season. Nice score, by the way!

Scotty, Definitely will not let it go to waste. We are planning to go back in the next week to get some more out of that spot. Have to clear that red maple first before we can get to it, its in a not so comfortable spot, very hilly property but little by little those BTUs will end up on my and Rory's stoves.

Good score :)
Tell the wife you are addicted to keeping her warm ;)
Keep the BTUs adding up & us updated with pictures !

There is a lot of wood there. I think the Fiskar's is wedged in a Red Oak, not a Red Maple.

Wood Duck said:
There is a lot of wood there. I think the Fiskar's is wedged in a Red Oak, not a Red Maple.
Not sure, it looks and smell like red maple but I could be wrong. all i know is that the stuff is heavy. my back is cursing me out today.

KatWill said:
Not sure, it looks and smell like red maple but I could be wrong.

It looks maplishish to me (flat bark instead of the raised bark of oak). Nice score

Status
Not open for further replies.