lots of work to do

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
Well still continuing to restack my wood neatly. and got lots of cutting to do and lots of splitting to. i probably have about 5 cords or so to split. you can see the logs i have to cut. theres still 3 other logs in the neighbors yard to cut. i guess the guy couldn't get it with his skid steer. plus i have a good 20 foot log of oak i still need to cut up down the street. going to be a busy winter. im just glad the cold weather has got here to work outside feels good.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 496
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 503
I love having wood projects lined up and ready to go when I have the time. Enjoy your weekend playing!

Bobby, that is great! It sounds like you won't be freezing for a while. lol

ecocavalier02 said:
Well still continuing to restack my wood neatly. and got lots of cutting to do and lots of splitting to. i probably have about 5 cords or so to split. you can see the logs i have to cut. theres still 3 other logs in the neighbors yard to cut. i guess the guy couldn't get it with his skid steer. plus i have a good 20 foot log of oak i still need to cut up down the street. going to be a busy winter. im just glad the cold weather has got here to work outside feels good.

Looks like you'll be busy eco, those logs look like a good time.

zap

Backwoods Savage said:
Bobby, that is great! It sounds like you won't be freezing for a while. lol
considering im already 3 years ahead i dont think ill be freezing for a really long time.

zapny said:
ecocavalier02 said:

zap
yeah always excited to run the saw. kinda wish i had a 660 with a mill setup though. could make some boards out of them.

zapny said:
ecocavalier02 said:

zap
yeah always excited to run the saw. kinda wish i had a 660 with a mill setup though. could make some boards out of them.

Oh man, can't ask for anything more than logs like that sitting right where you want the splits stacked.

SolarAndWood said:
Oh man, can't ask for anything more than logs like that sitting right where you want the splits stacked.
yeah they dont have to go far.

Nice little project to keep ya busy and outa trouble

That's great - nice to buck, split and stack right in the same spot! Cheers!

well got another row re-stacked. ill be happy when i get them all stacked and looking neat. but took a break today to to cut up the rest of what the guy couldn't pick up with the skid steer. used the 25 inch bar on the 361 and it worked pretty good. the guy who cut really kinda made a mess of the yards. wasn't to happy. he was suppose to do it when the ground was frozen and and he didn't. but oh well. i plan on fixing the lawn this spring anyway.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 343
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 344
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 344
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 327
Lookin good...if you had some tin roof on top of those stacks Sav would have nothin up on you.

Jealous of the green grass in the pics :)
Very nice stacks. Great score & close too!
Keep them stacks multiplying & growing, you never have too much wood :)

bogydave said:
Jealous of the green grass in the pics :)
Very nice stacks. Great score & close too!
Keep them stacks multiplying & growing, you never have too much wood :)
and im jealous of the snow in your pics. lol. my lawn the grass is now completely gone. this guy really ruined my lawn. he also got his bucket truck stuck back there while trying to get to the neighbors tree. i said he could use my yard. but also he was suppose to do it on freezing cold days. and he came everyday when it was like 45 out. and also he wasnt suppose to try and get is bucket truck to the tree. he said he would just climb. and then he didn't want to climb it i guess so he tried to get the truck back there and then couldnt even get it to the tree and he got 2 trucks stuck in my yard. my lawn wasnt anything special but now its a mud pit.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 281
That sucks but a lot of Oak trumps a little mud :)

SolarAndWood said:
That sucks but a lot of Oak trumps a little mud :)
lol yeah. i feel bad for my neighbors though he messed up there lawns pretty good . and they have nice lawns.

Seems as good an excuse as any to justify to your wife bringing a little stone in.

SolarAndWood said:
Seems as good an excuse as any to justify to your wife bringing a little stone in.
lol yeah. well the reason im restacking all my wood and making it looks nice is cuz im going to bring in topsoil and try and get some grass to grow on the lawn in the spring. then try not to drive on it all summer. i really ruined it with the stupid firewood business. lol. then the tree guy made it so i really have to fix it. big mud pit.. i wish if i could start over 4 years ago before there was any wood there i should have brought in stone. but itd be tuff now with 15 20 cords of wood in the way.

ecocavalier02 said:

That's a hearty amount of work you got there... Best of luck with all that. :3

Coleman Stove said:
ecocavalier02 said:

That's a hearty amount of work you got there... Best of luck with all that. :3
yeah. but its all fun. i take my time and don't try to kill myself..

Status
Not open for further replies.