Love My PE !!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dix

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
0F with the wind chill, and I've got this.... 70F in the kitchen. I anticipate a temp drop tonight, but, we'll be fine ;)

321776796_708200953999145_3775105393052171394_n.jpg

I'm down to 68 but just put another load in, I go from 72 down to 68 at the end of a load. I can live with it. Merry Christmas Dix, glad you're enjoying your stove heat.

I'm down to 68 but just put another load in, I go from 72 down to 68 at the end of a load. I can live with it. Merry Christmas Dix, glad you're enjoying your stove heat.
Merry Christmas @weatherguy

Stove could only keep it at 65 in this recent windy cold snap, in this leaky old cabin...luckily my wife was baking cookies so we got supplemental oven heat. 😏

Reactions: all night moe
Plus, if you can befriend a Wild Turkey in your area, it'll keep you warm. If you find one with a tracking tag 101 on it, you won't be disappointed. 😏

PXL_20221225_020322766.jpg

84 is too toasty for us! I've got 75 across the room from the insert. The kitchen is a hairpin turn to the right, so the stove doesn't help that much. Low to mid-60s there and down the hall to the 3 other rooms.

Merry Christmas Dix

This cold snap has the house cold. Outside temps have barely broken above single digits in the last two days. More days like this to come.
I'm good though. I work outside for a living and am used to wearing layers.

Reactions: Woody Stover
84 is too toasty for us! I've got 75 across the room from the insert. The kitchen is a hairpin turn to the right, so the stove doesn't help that much. Low to mid-60s there and down the hall to the 3 other rooms.

Merry Christmas Dix
Merry Christmas, G!!!!

I have the same weird turn, but to the left. Had the propane oven going for a while yesterday AM, and again today.

84 is too toasty for us! I've got 75 across the room from the insert.
Yeah, that's a little warm. 70 used to be warm for me, but being older now, 72 is more like it. 😏

Yeah, that's a little warm. 70 used to be warm for me, but being older now, 72 is more like it. 😏
Once it was set in motion, there was no turning back.

I woke up to 73 this morning with 5F outside.

Reactions: all night moe
Once it was set in motion, there was no turning back.

I woke up to 73 this morning with 5F outside.
That makes it a little easier to get up outta that warm bed! 😏

• Love
Reactions: Dix