Low Flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Nov 22, 2011
Hudson NH
Is it me or do I really have a problem?

I tested a bag of oakies a few months back when the weather was 40 degrees and plenty of moisture in the air.

I am running a one year old Quadrafire Mt Vernon Insert.

When I tested these bags, the flame was high, the heat was great, and the room came to temp very quickly.

The weather has turned here in New England and I have noticed a huge problem.

With the same settings as the test bags, the flame barely gets above the fire pot and the room does not get up to temp. I am not sure what to do here. Tonight the temp is above 30 again and the flame is vibrant.

Any ideas what I should be looking for? Stove was professionally cleaned 50 bags ago, I clean the system once a week and it runs great as long as the weather temp is just right.

Thanks,

Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.