1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Lowe's offering pellet fuel rebate

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Fire, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire

Fire Member

Loc:
    NYC
    Lowe's is offering a rebate on wood pellet fuel. $25 off 1 ton, $50 off two, $100 off three, $150 off four, and $200 off five tons. Not available on line. Lowe's stores are selling the pellets from $5.97 a bag to $6.38 a bag depending on location. No bulk discount, just the rebate. Offer ends Sept 8.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. detroit cracker

detroit cracker New Member

Loc:
    south east michigan
    I talked lowe's down to 4.75 a bag/237.50 a ton.Lignetics,a little ashy.Not a lot of choices in SE mich.Our natural gas costs is very reasonable here.I just like having control, sticking it to the man thing.I have an Avolon Newport 2 yrs.Vaccum switch hose clogs with ash every now and then but that's an easy fix.Other than that I like it.
  3. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

That is better than Home Depot's Freedom Fuel pellets. They are $269 a ton but $100 off for 3 tons.

I have an Avalon Astoria. Works good and heats the whole house. Even though I heard 1 Ton of pellets is equal to 125 gallons of oil, I found with my setback thermostats at night 1 ton was 100 Gallons. This summer I just put in a new cold start boiler with an outdoor reset that has a nozzle that only uses .65 Gallons per hour instead of the 1.25 GPH. If that is the case then 1 ton of pellets is only equal to 50 gallons of oil. So that would be half the cost of a ton of pellets at $250 a ton!! The pellets give much more heat for that one ton but what do we need to keep warm?

Do u have a pic of your Newport stove? Mine is in my Avatar to the left.
  4. Ladderlieu

Ladderlieu New Member

Loc:
    North Central MA
    Lowes has different pellets available at different stores I've found. I'm not interested in a rebate on an overpriced pellet of poor quality...
  5. Countryboymo

Countryboymo Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    W Central MO
    Local Lowes here quoted me 6.10 a bag and wouldn't tell me the brand because they couldn't get to them plus tax. I can buy magic sparks or pellet pro's for 4.10 a bag with no tax in the same state 20 miles south instead of going 30 miles north.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.