Lowes Pellet Sale Back On

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

welshcob

Sep 30, 2008
Capital District, NY
Just FYI, I was in my local Lowes tonight and they had a pallet of pellets on the floor with the sale sign from September, with the date changed to thru 11/30. The per bag price is 4.98 and with the bulk discounts I got 3 tons for $215 per ton last month. You may need to call around - each store has a different brand of pellets, it seems.

Excellent! I would of paid 205 in a heartbeat!

I'll pass.

might be a left over, i called local lowes and there's no promotion any longer.

Was at Lowes in Rochester NH last night....still at 269/ton, no promotion signs anywhere. They seem to have Penningtons and Curran.

Seems that I cannot pass any supply store without checking Brands and prices. ruh roh....do I have the P1P1 (PelletPig) virus? Should I PM BTU for the best cure? :)

gbreda said:
Was at Lowes in Rochester NH last night....still at 269/ton, no promotion signs anywhere. They seem to have Penningtons and Curran.

Seems that I cannot pass any supply store without checking Brands and prices. ruh roh....do I have the P1P1 (PelletPig) virus? Should I PM BTU for the best cure? :)

You certainly seem to have most of the symtoms. I don't think there is a cure, Just a temporary fix.

jay

jtakeman said:
gbreda said:

You certainly seem to have most of the symtoms. I don't think there is a cure, Just a temporary fix.

jay

Jay, you may be right on that, since I find myself going into the outside area in the rain to check the seemingly endless pallets out there hoping to find some of the "good stuff" to try out against the Greene Teams.

Geno

The BTU Okies fix does seem to last the longest, Maybe a week or 2. The other brands last a day or so. But I got it real bad. I only seem to have a remission when the Temps get into the high 70's and above!

From what I hear, You got to go to a local BJ's. They are carring the FIX. At a big box price too!

Better call first, Got lots of infected piggy's out there and there going quick!
jay

jtakeman said:
The BTU Okies fix does seem to last the longest, Maybe a week or 2. The other brands last a day or so. But I got it real bad. I only seem to have a remission when the Temps get into the high 70's and above!

From what I hear, You got to go to a local BJ's. They are carring the FIX. At a big box price too!

Better call first, Got lots of infected piggy's out there and there going quick!
jay

I have been seeing that here lately. I may be in Portsmouth tomorrow. A call to BJ's might be in order.

(edit) oops, didnt mean to hijack the thread :)

Geno

Same here Oops.

I think I'm heading to Lowes tomorrow to find the Clean energy and Green Team brands.( there-that aught to fix it!)

jtakeman said:
Same here Oops.

I think I'm heading to Lowes tomorrow to find the Clean energy and Green Team brands.( there-that aught to fix it!)

:lol:

BTU said:
gbreda said:

Go buy a couple of pallets of Okie's and a side of Dragon Mtn...and call me in the morning...you will feel much better come winter for it....!!!!! :coolsmile:

hmmmm, does it come with egg roll?

BTU said:
gbreda said:
BTU said:
gbreda said:

Go buy a couple of pallets of Okie's and a side of Dragon Mtn...and call me in the morning...you will feel much better come winter for it....!!!!! :coolsmile:

hmmmm, does it come with egg roll?

Buy three pallets of the OKie's and I will buy the egg rolls and the Moo Shu pork..!!

BTU, careful what you say, There are quit a few that may take you up on this and send you a large food bill. Might brake the bank. Better get the boss's approval before you make us such an offer. I for one can eat like a horse! I really like FOOD, and it's always taste's better when it's on the house! ;-)

jay

SXIPro said:
I'll pass.

Likewise. and that's not at all because of the price, $205 would be great! The reason I wouldn't buy them and the reason I probably never will is because the box stores I have gone to, don't have a clue.

Today I went to a Lowe's where I live and the store person told me the price was still $5.38 a bag, which was fine. I then asked him about a brand they were selling that I have never heard of Curran Pellets??. He proceeded to tell me that they must be okay because the bag said low ash and that any brand with low ash had to be a good pellet! I told him I would pass, but I knew that the other day I saw Potomac Pellets and wanted to try out a couple bags. He proceeded to get two bags off a pallet and one was ripped and the other was noticeably swollen and mushy in one corner. When I told him they probably got wet he said, "no way we never leave any pellets outside".

At any rate, to me it's not worth the chance to take the gamble! I'd rather pay more from a reputable dealer, then go through the potential hassle of damaged product and dealing with people who don't know the first thing about pellets and/or profess to be experts!

countk said:
He proceeded to get two bags off a pallet and one was ripped and the other was noticeably swollen and mushy in one corner. When I told him they probably got wet he said, "no way we never leave any pellets outside".

Are you kidding???? Lowes ???? They leave ALL their pellets outside.

I was at lowes in Leominster ma today they must have had 15 ton outside,I walked over to see what they were (potomac and awf) and the first row on every pallet was destroyed by water. I did buy 2 bags of the potomac just to try they were inside out of the rain.

the local Lowes is 249/ton. can't see the brand they are all wrapped up.

Just checked my local Lowes....298/ton. I only saw about 10 tons max there, they were under the exterior roof. Some of you guys are really lucky buying a ton close to 200. I'm jealous!

Just got back from a Lowe's in Latrobe, PA (Western PA near Pittsburgh), and they were selling them for $218 a ton. (Nature's Own) The parking lot was full.....it looked as though they had 30 or 40 pallets.

The Wal-Mart right next door was selling Pennington's for $4.27 a bag. I was floored because two other Wal-Marts about 15 miles away were selling the same Pennington's for $6.50 a bag!!! I hesitate to use the word 'gouge', but geez.

Walmart here selling $5.95 bag, Home depot $4.25 go figure. Home depot has heaters they burn really clean no fines to speak of and throw a lot of heat.. Pennington a lot of fines.

The Wal-Mart here has the Pennington's Nature's Own for $6.50 a bag. (Marquette, MI) What do they think they are selling...gold?
I can get Uncle Jed's down the road for $225 a ton at Associated Redi-Mix and Block.(or $5.25 a bag individually) Go figure......
Wal-Mart doesn't have a clue in what they are pricing.

jamesdjs said:
the local Lowes is 249/ton. can't see the brand they are all wrapped up.

New Game:
"Grab Bag" pellets

Rochester Nh same way: at least 40 tons outside in the garden area. You get your choice of White Grab Bag or Black Grab Bag :)

edit: all kidding aside Rochester Lowes actually had someone that knew about the pellets and brands that were coming in when they were sold out a month ago. She did not have the pellets are pellets atiititude.

FireintheHole said:
The Wal-Mart here has the Pennington's Nature's Own for $6.50 a bag. (Marquette, MI) What do they think they are selling...gold?
I can get Uncle Jed's down the road for $225 a ton at Associated Redi-Mix and Block.(or $5.25 a bag individually) Go figure......
Wal-Mart doesn't have a clue in what they are pricing.
After calling Associated Redi-Mix again they said they had quoted their prices wrong. Uncle Jeds was $300 for a 60 bag pallet and Wood Fibers. Inc.
were $225.00 a ton

My local Lowes has Lignetics Pres-to-logs for $215/ton. Are these the same pellets many of you rave about? If so I want to pick some up on my way home from work. They are stored outside but under a roof so they atleast dont get rained on after they're stocked in the racks.

Status
Not open for further replies.